Home Forums Bike Forum Warranty Issue Fisher bit of help needed

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Warranty Issue Fisher bit of help needed
  • sprocker
    Free Member

Hi bought a set of 2012 150mm air sektors new from leisure lakes in August last year. I built his bike up at the start of September and he has ridden about once a week since, 4hrs a time in the peak.

Last week they stopped going through the travel only going down 55mm. We took them off and I took them back thinking no problem as they will be under warranty. Ring today to be told a seal went due to needing a service and it is not a warranty issue so it’s £80.

I replied saying they have not done a massive amount, never been jet washed and cleaned off carefully every ride. To which I get the response that fishers staed they had lots of muck and water in as if they had been neglected. The maxle has also had a slot cut in due to being made of cheese which they believed further indicated neglect.

To me it’s seems a bot unfair to expect a service to be carried out afetr 4 months riding. He is not heavy, no hucking just normal stuff, I ride more and never consider a service until a year.

Any thoughts/experiences (loco help).

wwaswas

unless you can prove you’ve followed the service intervals I expect they have you over a barrel :(

cynic-al
    Free Member

80 hours winter riding and no service?

Wear and tear IMO.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

I would get em back and buy the seal kit off loco and sort it yourself. Sod em!

sprocker
    Free Member

think that is what I am going to do, don’t know how anyone can prove the service intervals so they always have you, the legs and stanctions are mark free so they do not show excessive use.

warpcow
    Free Member

Their reponse sounds reasonable tbh, but, as mentioned, you can do the work yourself for very little. Practically all forks need a clean and oil change at least a couple of times a year, whether you’ve been sending road-gaps or just pootling along bridleways. It’s easy enough and barely even a 10min job once you’ve done it a couple of times. Just because there are no external signs of wear doesn’t mean that water and grit hasn’t got past the wipers and inside the fork.

sprocker
    Free Member

When I said 4 hours a ride that does not allow for stopping at the caf etc. My gps gives about 2 – 3 hours riding time normally so that gives about 36 hours actual riding. I service my forks once a year and weigh 20kg more and ride alot more so to me it seems a little off to me.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

As said above, a ten minute ride could do as much as six months riding. Just needs a bit of grit in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Warranty Issue Fisher bit of help needed’ is closed to new replies.