Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Warped Conti Rubber Queen
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

I’ve heard of it happening to people before but it’s always been people who go way “bigger” than I ever could.

Anyway, it’s happened to me on a black chilli 2.2 ust.

Never had any tyre do that to me before. Is mine a fluke or are Conti still have problems? Anyone managed to get them replaced because of this?

£50 is a lot of money on a tyre, especially if you get less that half the life from it.

chrisdiesel
    Free Member

Unless its a crappy OEM tyre send it back. I had a conti RQ ust leak like a non ust sen it back to next day tyres, new tyre in 2 days great service. Don’t even bother contacting conti uk, I rang/ moaned slagged off on twitter and never got more than ” well that’s never happened before ”

Suggsey
    Free Member

Funnily enough I have popped one off the front rim on Black Powder at Antur and since i have reseated it and reinflated I swear its got a small deformation of the rolling part of the carcass but all the bead is seated correctly. is this the sort of deformation that you guys are on about? I too had them from next day tyres? any coincidence as they are slightly different to the identical spec other pair on my other bike that came from another supplier, the one that is deformed has tubeless in silver on the sidewalls, the others have it in white.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Mine didn’t come from ndt. But yes, it looks like a buckled wheel but then you notice the rim is straight and the bead is sat properly.

Unfortunately, the shop is no more.

jonk

My mate has wrecked 2 in a few weeks, the carcass has come away from the bead. Both were £50 tyres and he isn’t happy about this!

Onzadog
    Free Member

On going problem then!

Suggsey
    Free Member

Bugger looks like it although my 18 stone and immediate loss of air on landing on a rock slab would probably have damage a car tyre carcass 😆
    I have been running SlimePro fluid in the tyre so shouldnt be that that causing the delamination of the tyre.

kimbers

its a problem that seems to pop up reasonably often with RQs

matt22
    Free Member

My rubber queen is buckled aswell Ive let it down and re inflated it which trued it out a little bit but its still wonkey. Amazing tire though apart from the deformaty

Onzadog
    Free Member

Looks like I’ll be giving Cambrian a call. I asked them if this had been sorted at the bike show last year. They said it was an issue and they’d got a new head of design for mtb tyres at conti to sort it out. Hopefully, they’ll stand by what they said a out it being a known issue.

boxxer7
    Free Member

I destroyed 2 RQ, same thing happened they were so bad they wouldn’t go through my frame, sent them back and got warranty replacement, swapped them with shop that sent them back for some hans dampf. Not as fast rolling but a good tyre.

milky1980
    Free Member

Had my front Rubber Queen 2.2 UST warp at Chicksands back in June when landing a small jump, broke a few ribs!!

Contacted Cambrian Tyres via the Conti website and they inspected the tyre then sent out a replacement within a few days. Didn’t try and make out they’d never seen this problem before, just that it was rare and asked where and when I bought it.

Unfortunately the replacement tyre is starting to have a bit of a weave to it after a few hundred miles so might replace it with something else soon. Once bitten twice shy 😕

boxfish
    Free Member

I had this problem with a fresh-out-of-the-box Schwalbe tyre. The retailer refunded without a quibble.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Warped Conti Rubber Queen’ is closed to new replies.