Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • WARNING!! Parcelforce
  • supafly1982
    Free Member

If you do and they damage your bike (or parcel)as they did mine they will try to grease thier way out of paying up for it at every posseble oppertunity.

I ordered a bike to be collected in september, they colected it (orange 5 pro) and then they lost it, i had it booked for next day delivery, needless to say it never turned up and they had no idea where it was. When it did turn up it was late and damaged.

The site said i had to fill out a form and send it off. So thats what i done, i spent £3 on photo’s, copied the reciept for the bike, added all the forms i needed to in with the claim sheet and sent it by reccorded delivery.

6 weeks pass and no reply, i had sent them 4 emails also, no reply. so Eventually i manage to get a phone number as they make this whole process very drawn out. I phoned it and the lady tries to tell me that they never got the claim, i said yes you did, no we never…….i sent it by reccorded delivery….ahh, ok lets have the code. I gave the lady the code and she replies “oh yes we did get it, we must of lost it”. well how convienient! they loose the bike and now all the doccuments, good job i made copies!

So i had to do the whole thing again, copied all the papers and sent them off reccorded. I get a reply asking me to fill this and that in and a questionaire which was supposed to be sent to the guy that sold me the bike, they cant even get that right.

2 months down the line and they keep asking me for this and that hoping i dont have any of it so they can withdraw my claim. They asked if the packaging is still their for viewing…..a huge box, 2 month down the line. now ive bought a few bikes lately and flug out a few boxes so i replied no i dont think i do have the box.

I get a letter saying “We are sorry for the damage to your bike but as you have no packaging for us to view (bear in mind i sent them all the pics they needed) we can no longer process your claim and we do not owe you anything.”

WRONG! they owe me the money for the late delivery as the advert stated “if we do not deliver on time, we will refund the postage costs”

This company is full of snakes, horrible little business people trying to slime their way out of coughing up for any damage at every posseble oppertunity and they are useless at their job from what ive seen with this farce.

How and ever i found the box and got in touch with them. i had to go through an appeal process and send everything to this email, they couldnt even give me the correct email address.

well today i decided enough was enough, give me my postage money back, i hate dealing with parcelfarce, so i phoned to get my postage back…the lady said you need your proof/ reciept of postage, i said is this a joke? you have my tracking number, i obviously paid for it to be posted and i lost the head saying your company are bunch of **** arseholes who try to worm their way out of paying up. Then she hung up the phone because i swore…..no wonder i swore, nearly 3 months they have been pissing me about.

So i phoned again and spoke to someone else and they said i needed to send them my reciept of postage….they never gave me one, it was all done on line!

So they will look at their reccords for it and refund my postage.
    I doubt i will ever use them again, they are the most useless courier company going, this must be how they stay afloat, not compensating people.

If you value your belongings, DONT USE PARCELFARCE!!! if you do then you MUST keep every little detail or they wont pay up.

Jamie
    Free Member

TL;DR

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member
    professorfaceplant
    Free Member

I agree they are terrible – got a note from them saying they had tried to deliver a parcel and we weren’t in (surprise surprise – we both work) and could we organise a time to collect the parcel – Saturday would be fine. got to the wherehouse and after 2 hours of waiting (severarly hungover (this being a Saturday morning) Mrs FP and i were told that the parcel was in fact still in the back of the van which was out on delivery, so could we come back next week. Brilliant, so got back to our house to see another note………yep……..’sorry we missed you, please can you arrange a time. etc’

GRRRRRRRRRR

scud
    Free Member

My opinion, as you have it so well documented take them to the Small Claims Court for the damage to the bike.

I worked for Parcelforce for a summer as a temp job in their office arranging contracts with firms to use Parcelforce in the centre of London, so many parcels went missing we got to a point where we had to tell client’s not to put the name of the company or what it contained on the outside of the packaging. Certain depots like the one in East London if it was a mobile phone, DVD, our common items like this, they were being stolen on mass.

al2000

Viz’s take on parcel delivery (potentially NSFW) :

http://fumaga.com/6557

stumpy01

I worked in a Parcelforce depot for a day, while temping during summer holidays at sixth form.
    All I had to do was load the van as the stuff came off the conveyor.

I got told off for doing it too slowly. The supervisor came & showed me how it should be done.
    His technique appeared to be ‘hurl it all into the lorry, as hard as possible, unless it says ‘fragile’ on it, when you must throw it even harder’.

I finished my shift and told the agency I didn’t want to work back there.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Certain depots like the one in East London if it was a mobile phone, DVD, our common items like this, they were being stolen on mass.

That’s the one near me I think. Well known as a black hole for spensive stuffs.

Their trick is to fail to deliver, then try to ignore you when you ring up to question where the parcel is. If you don’t ring, expecting them to contact you some other way to rearrange delivery, they then just ‘lose’ the parcel or claim it’s bin ‘destroyed’ (they tried that with a mate; he got the police involved as he suspected a scam, the missing parcel which had bin ‘destroyed’ magically turned up and it was put down as a ‘clerical error’). Shysters….

is not Parcelfarce one of the privatised bits of the Royal Fail?

I blame Fatcha….

kimbers

small claims court em

dont let the bastards get away with it

BoardinBob

Parcelforce or similar mobs must be ripe for a hidden camera undercover documentary. The amount of thieving must be horrendous

foxyrider
    Free Member

🙁 – feel sorry for you 🙁

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Yep, agree with the above. If you’ve got an item that will have to pass through the Park Royal depot… good luck…

Amazon stopped sending stuff out in those cardboard boxes that weren’t sealed.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Viz’s take on parcel delivery (potentially NSFW)

😆

It’s funny, because it’s true, Marge!

Cept it’s not really. Useless thieving ****s.

At the exact moment your clackervalve opens, the doorbell rings. MISS A TURN

😆

stumpy01

ChunkyMTB – Member
    Yep, agree with the above. If you’ve got an item that will have to pass through the Park Royal depot… good luck…

HA HA!! That’s the one I worked at for the day!

neninja
    Free Member

I agree about Small Claims Court – you can do it all online – http://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk

Send them an email first stating that if they do not reimburse the cost of the bike, shipping and cost of sending documents within 48 hours you will issue a claim and will also add interest to the amount claimed.

allthepies
    Free Member

is not Parcelfarce one of the privatised bits of the Royal Fail?

I blame Fatcha….

Still state owned, perhaps it would benefit from privatisation 🙂

djglover
    Free Member

I must say you are rather amateurish when it comes to complaining. Similar thing happened to me. It took one email to as many members of the board and senior management cc’ing bbc watchdog and ofcom for me to get an apologeitc phone call and a full refund a couple of days later.

robsoctane
    Free Member

My last bike from an eBay seller went with Parcelfarce and ‘next day delivery’ (£40) happened 1 week later – well, I collected it myself in the end at further cost…

I’ve also worked in a mailing hub where all parcels go out of vans on to conveyors – gotta say stumpy, you’re dead right man – they try to &*(&^*( things on purpose.

Anyone got any ideas on a good courier?

zilog6128

Anyone got any ideas on a good courier?

The trouble is, there aren’t any. Google any (inter)national courier and you will see horror stories on all of them. Just the nature of the business I suppose (although Parcelforce are by far the worst).

For local work deliveries we always use a small local courier company and they are always spot on. It’s just not a scalable business model!

rootes1

years ago they damaged an engine block of mine despite it being in a proper wooden crate..

only got them to cough up when managed to find a disgruntled depot manager you was happy to send me his own internal investigation report which said..

‘crate damaged on delivery, rolled off wagon tail lift’

was only after showing their claims department i had a copy that they capitulated – annoying as they would have known about their own investigation… and then had the cheek to say that my copy of the document was irrelevant as it was an internal Parcel Farce document and not for customer eyes….

having said that Parcel Farce are still not as bad as Shitty Link….

Taff
    Free Member

Just told my MD this as he’s having slight issue with aprcel force and the delivery of a horse saddle!! He’s not amused

njee20
    Free Member

It took one email to as many members of the board and senior management cc’ing bbc watchdog and ofcom for me to get an apologeitc phone call and a full refund a couple of days later.

Agreed. Dealing with phone monkeys is clearly not getting you anywhere.

I had an issue with Amazon, who were being rubbish, and after many emails back and forth between their ‘offshore’ arm (over a month or so), who caused the problem in the first place. One email to the MD and it got fully resolved within 24 hours.

Write a strong, but polite email to the senior management, get someone else to spell & grammar check it (no offense!) and then go to small claims court!

supafly1982
    Free Member

wow i did not realise they are that bad, yeah i must be an amature at complaining, looks like i will have to get in touch with the MD…..spelling and grammer…only for those official documents 😉

StuF

I had a problem with parcel force when I sold an amp, the amp arrived broken – the large copper lump in the middle had come lose and mashed the circuit board whilst in transit.

A few photos, a couple of emails and questionnaires later I did manage to get the approximate value back.

So if anyone wants a arcam 8 amp for spares – let me know.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I sold a fibreglass hardtop on eBay for a Lotus. I set it up as collection only but someone who was interested asked if he could use a courier to collect. “His money” I thought and obliged. I wrapped it up well and wrote fragile all over the box, but still it turned up damaged. I felt so sorry for the recipient who fortunately had no beef with me (and still paid). I just hope he got somewhere with the courier firm 🙁

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I’d definately go to the small claims court. It sounds like you have a huge amount of evidence for this
    Also include in the claim: cost of phone calls, postage, and bill them for your time at a reasonable rate, £12/hr say.
    Mrs PP took Amex to court like this, and won, so it can be done

user-removed
    Free Member

djglover – Member
    I must say you are rather amateurish when it comes to complaining. Similar thing happened to me. It took one email to as many members of the board and senior management cc’ing bbc watchdog and ofcom for me to get an apologeitc phone call and a full refund a couple of days later.

10 / 10 for being a patronising scrat-end 😉 But there is a lot of truth in this. There really is no point in speaking to call centre monkeys (or more commonly with PF the lady at the front desk who also makes the tea.

Googling for depot managers’ contact details, CCing in a few consumer rights organisations and best of all, pointing them all at your recent blog post (laying out all the facts) works the best.

I had a recent problem with some calendar printing, wrote THIS BLOG POST and had a call from the MD the same afternoon promising delivery this week (fingers crossed).

gingerss
    Free Member

Went through a period of it being 50/50 as to whether something that looked to be of value, especially something like a birthday card or credit card would get delivered. Apparently Stourton was another ‘black hole’.

Don’t seem to have had any problems more recently though.

ALWAYS at least ask to speak to a manager immediately if you are having any difficulty with a front-line person. Often they’re not even allowed to go to the toilet without permission, let alone use their initiative to deal with a complaint.

You’ve got to be calm and *very* assertive – i.e. talk in terms of what you expect rather than asking questions, and absolutely don’t let these things pass. I’d eventually be going down the small claims route but not until I’d written a letter explaining that would be my next course of action.

Also complain to every relevant body, post on their facebook page, write a blog – even if it’s not widely view the’ll see it as a potential reputational damage thing, just make loads of noise.

riverdog
    Free Member

There is a clue in the cost of insuring valuables sent by parcelforce.
    example,

2.25 kg by parcelforce 48 costs £12.99. (std compensation £100)
    Additional cost to cover value up to £ 500 = £14.00

john_l
    Free Member

I bought the additional compensation when I sent my guitar via Parcelforce – it arrived in about 3 pieces & they still wriggled out of the claim, claiming that I can’t have packed it properly! It was in a flight case!

I gave up after 3 months & spoke to M&S who I have contents insurance with – they agreed the claim in 10 mins & the money was in my account later that day. That’s service.

showerman
    Free Member

used to collect work parcels from parcel force depot as easier, when they transfer parcels from on truck to another where possible they would use the drop kick methord if it made a noise as it broke on contact with the ground a yell of delight could be heard

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘WARNING!! Parcelforce’ is closed to new replies.