• This topic has 8 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by br.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Warm riding jacket recommendations please
  • RS4KEV

Damn that was cold this morning. Lovely hard trails (frost) but frozen rider too, thought I was being a lightweight then realized camel bak was frozen too….

So, recommend me a good winter jacket. Got waterproof ones so need something windproof but with vents.

coatesy
    Free Member

Just got back feeling toasty with no more than a short sleeved Lifa and a Polaris Retro-active top. They aren’t made any more, but it’s a pertex shell with a micro-fleece lining, so most big outdoor clothing companies will do something similar.

AlasdairMc

Buffalo Special Six when it’s really cold (it’s too warm above zero).
    Pile lining and Pertex outer, with a great drop tail. I love mine for winter commuting.

Militant_biker

I use an Assos AirJack 851. Windproof panels on the arms and front, and a thin back make it great as long as you keep moving. It is of itself not that warm; it comes into its own when the wind comes/you start cutting through cold air.
    It’s cut incredibly tight, as it’s really a roadie top, but it fits a skinny runt like me well. I wear it in various combos from Autumn throughout Spring, with just a jersey when it’s warmer, to the top layer in a multi-layer sandwich when it gets -12?

Possibly the best purchase I’ve ever made in cycling garments.

doug_basqueMTB.com

I’ve got a Gore Fusion. It’s a great fit for me, like all the Gore stuff and it’s roasting. It’s a pity, I only really use it for a couple of months of the year as it’s too warm!

peteimpreza

What M_B said x2. These are discontinued now so most places are selling them off heavily discounted.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Currently enjoying the Endura windchill jacket with a couple of base layers underneath if it’s subzero. It’s close fitting, is windproof, reasonably breathable and non rustley.

If really really cold I go for my tatty, faded and stained, much repaired but trusty old purple Buffalo (it’s faded to mauve now) over a base T – possibly the most gopping clothing ever made, but it works.

saladdodger
    Free Member

AlasdairMc – Member
    Buffalo Special Six when it’s really cold (it’s too warm above zero).
    Pile lining and Pertex outer, with a great drop tail. I love mine for winter commuting

Agreed

But used this on saturday on the Q’s fantastic shame about my toes though

http://www.buffalosystems.co.uk/DP_Cycle_Shirt.htm

br
    Free Member

Endura Stealth for me, and its waterproof.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Warm riding jacket recommendations please’ is closed to new replies.