Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Warm bib three quarters
  • pebblebeach
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend some warmish bib three quarters please. Got some dhb ones and they’re a bit on the thin side, don’t like endura thermawhatever ones. Don’t like longs really as my lower legs are fine but my thighs and knees get cold when the temp drops to zero.

For long rides so don’t mind spending a bit on quality. Looked at some assos ones that may fit the bill but not sure how warm they are.

Thanks.

crikey
    Free Member

Scott ones if you can find them.

mogrim

Specialized do some good ones, I’ve got some and they’re excellent.

druidh
    Free Member

The Endura MT500s are warmer than normal thin lycra without being Roubaix weight.

pebblebeach
    Free Member

It’s for road riding by the way so Scott and specialized out due to branding issues, no matter how good the are 🙂

The mt500″s might be a bit too hardcore looking.

GrahamS

Got some dhb ones and they’re a bit on the thin side

Did you try the Roubaix version of the dhb ones?
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-vaeon-roubaix-padded-34-bib-tight/

druidh
    Free Member

Gore Oxygen with the Windstopper membrane?

pebblebeach
    Free Member

Might give those dhb ones a go, might be worth a punt for that price.

Bazz

+1 for those DHB Roubaix ones, i have an older type and they still going strong and are very toasty.

Frankers
    Free Member

Bazz – Member
    +1 for those DHB Roubaix ones, i have an older type and they still going strong and are very toasty

Same here, mine have a little zip at the front for pee pee breaks

GrahamS

Buy big though 😳

(sent mine back today for an XL, despite being a good match for a Large on their size chart)

pebblebeach
    Free Member

Well I did buy some dhb shorts recently and went for the small after reading reviews and they were ideal.

GrahamS

They suit you! 😉

FOG

well I have just bought some of the DHB vaeon 3/4 roubaix and I am afraid they are going back. They are plenty warm and comfy but one of the seams has started to open and the seat fabric has started to pill badly after only 2 rides, one on road, one off. I checked again on their size guide to make sure I wasn’t overstraining the seams and I was exactly right for the large that I had bought and I have no explanation for the fabric deterioration

chris_db
    Free Member

I got some Polaris ones off Ebay, not tried them yet but they were from Absolutecycles and come with padding. £38.95 free p&p.

OmarLittle
    Free Member

I got the rapha cross 3/4 bibs in their sale earlier in the year, they are nice and warm and comfortable. Cant justify spending £160 on another pair but if they go back on sale again i will no doubt not be able to resist the temptation 😀

pebblebeach
    Free Member

Yeh the rapha ones were on the list, not the cx ones as I think the material is thinner. But the. Again I could get 4 pairs of the dhb ones for the same price, mmm

simondbarnes

Castelli Sorpasso Bib Knicker

GrahamS

I was exactly right for the large that I had bought and I have no explanation for the fabric deterioration

I was exactly right for the Large by their size guide too – but they felt way too tight to me.
    I’ll see how the XL fair. They get very good reviews for the money so I wouldn’t expect to see fabric or seam issues.

pebblebeach
    Free Member

Now those Castellis look good, I did look on the castelli site earlier but didn’t see them. Sizing on the small side I take it?

simondbarnes

Sizing on the small side I take it?

Yup

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Warm bib three quarters’ is closed to new replies.