Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Want to bring the trails alive? Forget 650b….
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

… go night riding with kids.

I’m just back in from a comedy night ride with my niece and nephew, Grace (8) & Hamish (5). We stumbled upon a Son et Lumiere show with 20,000 lumens of our own. Later, far into the darkness Hamish suggested an inspired but short lived game of ‘I spy’. He gave up after M and S.

A top unforgettable ride I’m sure we’ll do again sometime. We may even pack sausages next time.

westcoastmassive
    Free Member

this made me grin, i know exactly what you mean. using your imagination almost always results in way more enjoyment than youd get out of spending money. ive been riding with my mental 13 year old son a lot this summer and ive had some of the best laughs ever, basically because on those occasions i revert to being 13 as well. the downside to this is hes spent all summer learning to go bigger, faster and harder, and inevitably ive had to keep stepping up my game. this will only end in tears, almost definitely mine!! who cares…….we dont stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing!!

mcmoonter
    Free Member

this made me grin, i know exactly what you mean. using your imagination almost always results in way more enjoyment than youd get out of spending money.

😀

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

A few years ago I took my son and a couple of his friends out for the ‘Numpty Challenge’, with points awarded sometimes for biking skills, other times for just silly stuff such as who can splash me the highest if I stnad next to this muddy puddle.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Taken mine since they were about 5 & 6 but gentle stuff and a bit more proper MTB these days.
    they mock those on here afraid of the dark !

Its good fun to do but dont give them helmet mounts unless you want to be regularity blinded!

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Its good fun to do but dont give them helmet mounts unless you want to be regularity blinded!

They successfully blinded two dog walkers and their dogs and one of the Son et Lumiere heath and safety bods.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

late afternoon bump

Drac

It’s great fun riding with kids need to get out again soon with mine. Best not try it with a 650b I may implode with joy.

Scapegoat

I remember taking my lad on a night ride when he was 11. In those days we had a couple of Tesco 3w crees each on the bars, so illumination was limited to say the least.

We got to the bottom of one particularly sketchy bit where he had shot down and I struggled to pick my way down through the rubble and boulders that made up the descent. It was wet and slimy and I remarked that I was struggling to see well enough to ride down it. I looked and saw that one of his torches was off, and the other pointing straight up in the air. He told me it was much easier just to ride down it without looking, it stops you being scared. I still struggle to ride down that bit in the daylight nowadays!

verses

Later, far into the darkness Hamish suggested an inspired but short lived game of ‘I spy’. He gave up after M and S

Was this a night ride down the high street? 😉

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Want to bring the trails alive? Forget 650b….’ is closed to new replies.