Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • wanna live in blackpool?? turn on 4 now
  • bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

What a lovely town i live in !!!!

pacemaker
    Free Member

Family used to live there ( south shore not far from airport) which was ok, but central area is a real dump!

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

I live just down the rd from the airport the posher part lol i lived in central when i were house sharing years ago, was an experiance!!!!!

avdave2

I was born there. It’s pretty depressing these days but I still love the pleasure beach as do the kids, the wooden rollercoasters are hard to beat. You can pick up some very nice houses relatively cheaply and if all that drilling and fracking pays off who knows what might happen.

SonicTheHedgehog
    Free Member

Dunno why but always makes me laugh when they subtitle the swear words 🙄

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

I have friends down south who visit often, they cant believe how much my house cost me, it wouldent buy a 1 bed flat round their end!!! Average 3bed semi thats nice to walk into and live is approx 120k in a nice respectable area, the fracking will bring in higher skilled jobs and money, but u go lytham and its crazy, millionaires row down near cypress point, i mean roy walker lives in the pool so it has to be right!!!! : )

pacemaker
    Free Member

The family used to live in the big house at the Lytham Rd end of Kingston Ave, but moved abroad about 7 year ago.
    My uncle was the Manager of the Sandcastle when it first opened, which was great as an 8 year old having the free run of the place!

djglover
    Free Member

If there is a hell, it is Blackpool. Or maybe Birmingham

djglover
    Free Member

Or any town begining with b. Bolton, Blackburn, Bradford, not been to Bury but the trend dictates its a shite hole

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

Ahh no way that house is lovely now good little home that!!!! Blackpools strange as you can have million quid houses across the rd from the uks biggest housing estate!!!! You can go 15min drive to where i usecto live (hambleton) and its a picturesque village, pilling,warton,cartford,garstang all amazing places and some bargins to be had, best bit is you can still buy land round blackpool in the stix and build as regs are getting lax now to up the building game again.

takisawa2

We spent the day there on Saturday. Was nice.

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

Whered u stay?

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

wanna live in blackpool??

No. I’d rather live in Cleethorpes.

ssbnreso
    Free Member

Going there on Friday, staying at the premier inn just off the m55. Pleasure beach here we come 🙂

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

U want good food go to the black bull in pilling, search it, its a bit out of blackpool but its propper homemade grub at the right price and that low ceiling nice atmosphere place : ) dont eat at the swift hound nr the footy fround its shit!!!!

simmy
    Free Member

Ive been a regular visitor for over 20 years now and Ive loads of mates there.

Love the place but I tend to not venture within a boundry of Waterloo Rd to the south, Whitegate Drive to East, Roundbout on Prom to the north, and the sea.

Theres loads of lovely places around Blackpool and the Fylde in general and this programme should be taken as dramatised.

But its had me in stitches at times. Like the “lady” a few weeks back who was under south pier doing well….things.

Policeman :- “do you think thats acceptable behavior in a family holiday resort ?”

“lady” :- ” family holiday resort ? no its not, its a ….hole” 😯

simmy
    Free Member

U want good food go to the black bull in pilling, search it, its a bit out of blackpool but its propper homemade grub at the right price and that low ceiling nice atmosphere place : )

@ bigphilblackpool :- A google search brings up Black Bull Presall.

Is that the one ?

Cheers

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

Thats the one, sorry a bit tired at this time, its a lovely place, real food proper home made chips and a good atmosphere, i take the wife regular, its a tshirt jeans sorta place kids welcome, or if you want a bit of a posh meal for u and the mrs try the cartford inn, just won best kept seceret award the food there is a bit posher pub grub, gormet burgers etc but still reasonable seen as all the ingrediants come from a few miles round the pub, but the black bull menu changed slightly since the one online, reccomend the mix grill or the potted steak!!!!! And the portions are big no need for sides etc.

simmy
    Free Member

Cheers mate – will check it out 😀

Kevevs
    Free Member

no thanks I live in beautiful North Wales. Manc airport to something nicer and cheaper. or friends in London.

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

No probz allways like to show the better places and theyre usually tucked away, if you like a cider try the draft one with a tree on the pump i cnt quite remember the name of it but its sweet and refreshing, bit too much like fizzy pop think its pear also, but if the wifes driving wehey!!! If u go to the bull ring up and reserve the corner booth nearest the bar, big comfy bench style cubby hole right next to the bar best seats by far!!!!!!

Kevevs
    Free Member

I do like yer blackpool postivity and why not!

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

I stayed in cerphilly for a while at the connaught academy, not much to do but i wished id took my bike!!!
    Went out in newport lost a tooth and hurt my right hand so bad experiance there lol, theres som stunning parts, knott end, preesall,lytham,ansdell,garstang hambelton, but you have to drive or live there to appriciate it,its unfortunate a lot of undesirables seem to come here to reside, but its all in certain areas thank god, i only left hambelton as my wife worked as a nurse at the local hospital and the commute back at 4am was worrying me as shes not the best on country rds at night so we moved.

samuri
    Free Member

I think it’s an awful place. I can see why the ambulance service get a lot of suicide calls out there.

It’s so dirty and rusty. Horrible.

Plus the DWP has some sites out there, another reason to hate the place.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘wanna live in blackpool?? turn on 4 now’ is closed to new replies.