Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • wall rack
  • zilog6128

Quite like the look of this – it looks like it’ll have plenty of adjustability plus it will make my spare room look like a shop. Can’t find any reviews though. What do we think?

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_932433_langId_-1_categoryId_242557#tab1

stevied
    Free Member

Looks quite good that. Just don’t bolt it to a stud (plasterboard)wall.. 😯

zilog6128

Hmmm, that’s my only option really. I use proper hollow wall fixings though that have always been fine in the past. Got one bike up on a hook at the moment which is as sturdy as anything, so I’d have thought 4 bikes would be OK seeing as the load would be spread over a large area? Or is the wall going to fall down?!

wwaswas

if it’s a plasterboard wall then just find where the studs are and attach it to those.

zilog6128

Good point, thanks!

captcaveman
    Free Member

I have 3 of these http://cyclebasket.com/m5b0s264p942/KF_SH02_Folding_Storage_Hooks_ so I put them on 3 different walls around my garage, and use other cheap hooks that screw into wood or stone for helmets, tyres and tubes

mattg123
    Free Member

I’ve posted this before but this is what I’ll be doing to store the familys bikes in my workshop.
    bike hanger

zilog6128

Yep I’ve got something virtually identical at the moment that works a treat:

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_522909_langId_-1_categoryId_242557

just fancied something a bit neater as it’s going in my flat!

I’ve posted this before but this is what I’ll be doing to store the familys bikes in my workshop.

Bit too DIY for my liking, make sure to post up pics after you do it though!

mattg123
    Free Member

Will do, what about this for a less DIY option ??

4 bike hanger

zilog6128

hmmm, hadn’t thought about hanging them vertically. That would probably be more space efficient.

Andy_K

Very space inefficient to have them flat against the wall. Some gear hooks from B&Q and bits of wood and you could make your own, a la:

eskay

Halfords do one for about 3 quid that allows you to hang them from the from the front wheel and rest against the wall.

They are great, I have about 8 of them

eskay

Yes, those are the ones. you cannot go wrong with them for the price.

I have ordered a few more to take care of the last few bikes that are not hung up (garage is in need of a tidy up first!).

I have them on both sides (the RHS are obscured by the racking)

mattg123
    Free Member

The problem i’ve got is that my workshop is quite narrow so I want to hang them & then lay them over against the wall as in the “velogrip” video.

eskay

The Halfords ones above will allow you to twist them at a bit of an angle (so that they are not perpendicular to the wall). It would make them a bit harder to get off of the hook though I reckon.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘wall rack’ is closed to new replies.