Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Wall mounted work stand – anyone got one?
  • chunkymonkey
    Free Member

Am looking at buying the Park PRSW work stand, before I do was wondering if anyone uses an alternative before I shell out over £150 !!??!!

eshershore
    Free Member

we use this Park one for holding bikes above our parts washer

not cheap but worth the money

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Yes, I got one off ebay. Came with two wall brackets so I can mount at different heights, higher if working around the bottom bracket area for example. Works great. I’ve got it mounted on a structural pillar that is about a foot wide and stands out from the wall by about 6″ so gives you better access behind the bike. If you mounted it on a flat wall then access to the other side of the bike wouldn’t be as good, but I don’t think that would hamper you. I’ve built up two bikes from scratch with it so does the job.

Edit: forgot to mention I’m after an additional bracket to attach to an exterior wall near my outside tap for bike washing.

chunkymonkey
    Free Member

Wobbli – any chance of a link to the one on eBay, please? Cheers.

coatesy
    Free Member

Got one in work mounted direct to the wall, a total pain if you need to work on both sides of the bike as access is hopeless, if you can get in, you can’t really move.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

ChunkyMonkey, its been a couple of years since I got it so can’t remember the actual shop or supplier, but the link below shows what looks like is the exact same product as I got:-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WALL-OR-BENCH-MOUNTED-BIKE-BICYCLE-MAINTENANCE-REPAIR-WORK-STAND-MOUNTAIN-TOOL-/171420655428?pt=UK_SportsLeisure_Cycling_BikeLocks_SR&var=&hash=item27e9779f44

The one in the top left of the composite picture looks identical to mine.

scotroutes

+1

And the further it is out from the wall to enable you to work on it, he more leverage there is on the wall fixings.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Bit harsh, works fine for me but the fact it’s mounted standing off from the wall is handy, especially with wide handlebars. It would be less convenient if attached directly to a flat wall. But even then perfectly fine and functional for 90% of routine jobs you do. I only got it a couple of years ago, before that I had managed building, repairing and maintaining bikes without a stand at all, so working on a bike in my wall mounted stand is luxury in comparison.

One feature I wish it had was the quick release lever on the clamp.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Wall mounted work stand – anyone got one?’ is closed to new replies.