Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Walking shops in Hope and Castleton?
  • flyingmonkeycorps

I’m off out for a walk in t’Peak with the Mrs tomorrow, and she needs some new walking boots. I’m sure there must be some good places in the area, but the only one I really know of is Hitch and Hike – what else is there? We’ll also be coming through Sheffield on the way if there’s anything good there…

Aidy
    Free Member

Pop down the road a bit and try Outside in Hathersage.

FOG

There are outdoor shops in Castleton and there used to be one in Hope, not sure if it is still there but your best bet is Foothills on Edgedale Road Sheffield S7. They have a really good boot department, not the cheapest but you get good advice and they are very patient. My missus got some boots there recently and she really is the most pernickety woman [how did she end up with me?]yet they managed to sort her out with a pair which she is very pleased with.
    Other shops are Go Outdoors in Sheffield, John Street I think the address is. They are cheaper but don’t always have a wide size range, although that might be my big feet. they also have a shop in Hathersage which is fairly small and doesn’t have the ranges. Also in Hathersage and and in Calver is Outside which often have good offers on specific boots. They also have sturdy caffs to recover from spending so much money in.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Outside is very good normally (Hathersage and Calver). Hitch and Hike good also.

Not sure about Hope but likely you will go through one of the others on the way.

Trekster

+1 what mws says re Heathersage, much better village/town than Hope

flyingmonkeycorps

That’s ace, cheers guys! Don’t mind spending a few quid on getting the right boots (and good advice!) and with a bit they should last a good few years too.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Walking shops in Hope and Castleton?’ is closed to new replies.