Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Walking Pants – recommendations please :-)
  • woody2000

Looking to buy some winter walking pants for some snowy yomps over t’hills, can anyone recommend some please? Budget will be £50ish, looking for some mid weight ones I guess, not full blown salopette style ones. TIA 🙂

I’m a shortass if that makes a difference (29.5″ inside leg)

yunki
    Free Member

Y-fronts… obviously

KT1973
    Free Member

I just use the boxers I was already wearing…
    oops you said WALKING pants

lister

Montane Thermic Terra pants, perfect weight for me cos I’m quite a warm person, but they are getting lots of wear at the moment.

EDIT: not sure you can get them for £50 though, unless you know someone with a trade deal…sorry!

brooess
    Free Member

Mammut Base Jump Pants

I’ve had a pair of these for 5 years. Very tough and with a pair of thermals surprisingly good in proper Scottish weather.

Not too slippy for glissading tho but I guess they’re good for Base Jumping too :-

Above your price point but I reckon they’ll last for years

yunki
    Free Member

I we really… seriously unquestioningly embracing another pointless americanism..?

woody2000

yunki – I’m sorry – trousers, keks, breeks, strides, troos. But not pants….

🙄

druidh
    Free Member

Mountain Equipment Combin PANTS are my winter choice. A bit above your budget but really lovely to use – comfy, stretchy and water -resistant. they shrug of snow really well, avoiding the need for over-trousers 99% of the time.

And yes it’s PANTS.

Those things you wear underneath them are called UNDERPANTS after all…..

matt_outandabout

MOntane Terra thermics or XT’s are excellent! Really comfy, warm, pretty water resistant, well thought through and made. But over your budget… 🙁

Look on t’bay for second hand gear as well – you get some good stuff barely worn.

I have (before this winter) always worn same trousers with some good thermals below – and they should be less than £50

stuartie_c
    Free Member

I’ve got a pair of Berghaus breeks which are superb. Nice slim fit and very comfortable. Stick a pair of longjons underneath and they’re perfect for a cold winter’s day unless it starts to get wet in which case waterproof salopettes go on over the top. Best feature is the thigh zips for venting.

I think this is them (or an updated model)

woody2000

Might be able to revise the budget depending on how generous Santa is 🙂

Keep em coming 🙂

epicyclo

I’ve done a fair bit of trudging through snow with Rab Vapour-Rise. Not £50 though.

nuke

Got a pair of trousers suitable for as you’ve described in your OP from Decathlon…certainly in your budget and work really well (Use them mostly for walking but used them today on my bike out in the snow) although does depend where you live as there aren’t many stores.

woody2000

epicyclo – like these from gooutdoors?

epicyclo

Yes, that’s them.

I also wear them for the ‘Puffer

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Walking Pants – recommendations please :-)’ is closed to new replies.