Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Walking in Pyrenees
  • Blackflag
    Free Member

Thinking of going to the pyrenees national parc for a spot of walking. Anyone recommend a good route guide or suggest good areas to target. Also, where can i find out which chair lifts are open etc?

Any help or advice would be great.

ebygomm
    Free Member

Staying in one spot and doing day walks or walking and camping along a route?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I did some treking many many years ago. We were based in Gavarnie and walked across the border into the Odessa valley and back across thru the Brèche de Roland IIRC that was 3 days. There were single day walks in that area. It was really scenic
    Done a few other bits as well over the years – climbed a few tops. I really like the Pyrenees for walking – I prefer it to the alps

Blackflag
    Free Member

Think we will be staying in one spot.

mogrim

Fond memories of many a childhood holiday spent here: http://www.masforge.com/

Very friendly (and slightly eccentric) British owners, lovely countryside.

Waderider
    Free Member

I’ve done what Tandem Jeremy mentions, with an ascent of Mount Perido. I’d recommend a walk from Garvarnie to Torla and back. It’s the only holiday I’ve ever had were I’d love to do it again rather than experience something new*.

*Other than Scottish MTB/cycle tours, naturally.

ebygomm
    Free Member

Second the recommendations of basing yourself round Torla for Odessa NP or Espot for aiguestortes i estany de sant maurici NP.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Walking in Pyrenees’ is closed to new replies.