Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Walking daysack
  • jonba
    Free Member

By Gourdon 20 is a bit knackered and I was looking for something new.

I haven’t managed to find anything and thought i would invoke the wisdom of STW.

I’m after a Gourdon 20 but in 25L version with a normal lid/clip closure. Not rolltop or zipped.

What I like about the Gourdon is the minimalist design – I don’t need a big waist strap and like one that can be removed or tucked away when travelling on planes and buses. I like side pockets that are big enough for a 1L bottle. When water is dodgy 2 x1L bottles works better than a camelbak for purification.

Don’t like the roll top closure and lack of organiser pocket of any sort. Also needs to be a bit bigger 25-30L.

Can’t seem to find anything. Outside pockets seems to be the biggest hurdle. Anyone know of anything?

woody2000

I bet Decathlon will have something 🙂

angeldust
    Free Member

Does it need to be waterproof (which is all the Gourdon really has going for it, as well as being cheap)? If not, you have a huge amount of options.

jonba
    Free Member

Waterproof not a problem. Genuiney can’t find anything that has decent sized pockets/pouches and no huge waistband.

jam-bo

i replaced my gourdon with a ME scrambler 30.

benp1

All of my daysacks with side pockets will take 1 litre bottles no problem

Have a look at the Osprey range in a shop. I’d be really surprised if you didn’t find one that works. Either their Talon range or maybe the urban range?

mikey74
    Free Member

My Osprey Escapist 32 seems to fit the bill. It’s not waterproof, but comes with a rain cover.

ElShalimo

Go to your locals shop and look at Osprey, Deuter and Vaude bags. All are very well designed for the intended purpose. Montane and OMM are good too.
    If you want a UK made, robust bag look at Aiguille Alpine sacks

Flaperon

Just bought an Osprey Talon. Says 22L but I have the long back version and it’s way more than that. £80 at Cotswold.

cinnamon_girl

Polite hijack: do folk buy good quality used rucksacks?

Marko

Polite hijack: do folk buy good quality used rucksacks?

Yep. Both my main sacs are S/H.

slowoldman

I have a couple of S/H Arcteryx sacs. Both perfect condition.

My default lightweight sac is an old Karrimor Mountain Marathon. Still going strong (ish).

The current nearest to that I can see is an OMM. Quite pricey but has features from the KMM which I find useful – top and hip pockets.

kcal

oh, market for my 30 yo Karrimor Hot Ice then 🙂

Cougar

“Walking daysack” is my new favourite insult.

cinnamon_girl

😆 @ Cougar.

Thanks folks. 🙂 I’m a typical woman in that one of anything simply isn’t enough hence in this example a selection of rucksacks that, from a cursory glance, look to be in good condition. Shall retrieve from the loft and examine with a magnifying glass.

Northwind

It sounds like a scottish insult tbh. Get tae **** ya walkin daysack

cinnamon_girl

Scottish accent essential I’d say, my estuary English accent just won’t cut it!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Walking daysack’ is closed to new replies.