Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Walking boot recommendations…
  • ourmaninthenorth

Try Zamberlan, too. Italian, so likely to have a specific fit that you either get on with or don’t. FIL has two pairs.

Waderider
    Free Member

I’m not a fan of Goretex lined boots. It’s not an application where goretex is needed, it is too prone to failure in my own direct experience. I had two pairs of goretex lined boots fail in a row. When that happens the boot gets wet, and by some magic procedure the water gets in but not out. Plus once wet they take longer to dry out – a problem on multiday trips when you can’t carry wads of newspaper to dry them out etc. (drying boots with direct heat is always a bad idea).

I go with plain leather boots, I’ve got a pair of Zamberlans for three season use at the moment. Well cared for, dried slowly and treated with G-wax my feet are nearly always dry unless the boot is over topped. Goretex is a barrier to breathability compared to traditional materials – boots without a membrane are always more comfortable.

Pieface

I bought my Scarpa Manta M4s 15 years ago and still going strong, although they need regular re-proofing.

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Walking boot recommendations…’ is closed to new replies.