Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Waiting for evans cycles
  • stevious

Been waiting 5 and a half weeks for my frame to be replaced on warranty. Should be a simple swap as spesh told me they have it in stock.

Am now on 8 phone calls today alone to try and resolve it. Still haven’t even managed to speak to the warranty department.

Anyone else dealt with their warranty dept? Are they always this rubbish?

Dickyboy

Yes – I returned some lights to one of their shops (just so I could demonstrate the rather bizarre fault), two weeks later they sent them back having done absolutely sweet fa with them grrrr, got them replaced in the end though

stevious

Will be calling specialized tomorrow to see if they can hurry them along. If I don’t get my frame by the end of this week I won’t be able to get it readt in time for the Tour De Ben Nevis. Most irritating.

stevious

Well it turns out that they’ve had my replacement frame since the 9th of sept but just forgot to send it to me.

This is after them forgetting to pick the frame up in the first place, then forgetting to take the parts off before it went to spesh.

Looks like I’ll get the frame too late to use the bike for Tour de Ben Nevis.

Have asked them to refund my entry fee and they’ve offered me some flippin vouchers.

What happens if the stuff I order with the vouchers is faulty?

Worst. Service. Ever

faaz
    Free Member

Kick off in a shop somewhere. You will guaranteed get a better result. I have seen it happen many times 😉

uplink
    Free Member

Can you not go and get the bits and put it back together yourself?

plop_pants
    Free Member

Can you not go and get the bits and put it back together yourself?

They won’t let you. I took a bike in to show how the frame was not straight. They stripped it and sent the frame off. When they got it back I asked if I could come in and pick it all up, but they wouldn’t let me, they insisted they had to rebuild it. (badly)

stevious

Bought the bike mail order, so no shop. If I’d have known there’d be this faff then I’d have done the whole lot myself

tablesalt
    Free Member

Kick off in a shop somewhere. You will guaranteed get a better result. I have seen it happen many times

got me a fox RP23 shock for free

faaz
    Free Member

exactly!

tablesalt
    Free Member

god i hate that **** shop.

RAGGATIP
    Free Member

Wonder if it’s got anything to do with a batch of specialized bikes that are being sent back to the manufacturer. I was in their hq the other day and they were busy sorting boxes of bikes ready to be returned. Some defect with the brake bosses I think one lad said.

tablesalt
    Free Member

yea they have recalled a shit load,

crap quality control ahoy!!!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Waiting for evans cycles’ is closed to new replies.