Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Wahoo Element Bolt – Accuracy
  • four
    Free Member

I’m currently looking at the Bolt as an upgrade to my Garmin Touring Plus.

Comparisons of Wahoo Vs Garmin are all over the web but few touch on accuracy of the Bolts info. (I’m not interested in navigation).

Last year Team Sky were sponsored by Wahoo yet if you looked at the riders they were using Garmins- is this due to accuracy issues?

I like the idea of the Bolt over the 520 but is it as accurte with training information?

stevious

What do you mean accurate with training info? Are you talking about power/HR data? If so then the bolt is totally fine.

Either way, I’d suspect that the deal sky has with Wahoo is for smart trainers. The bolt has also only been out for 6 months.

four
    Free Member

Yes I was talking about speed, cadence, HR and reliability of the unit.

Thanks.

Flaperon

Mine’s absolutely fine. HR / cadence / power only as accurate as the sensors supplying them. Barometric altimeter actually pretty good compared to Garmin (I’m convinced that a Garmin foot is about 30% less than a standard foot).

Stuff that’s not so good? If you use it with Shimano Di2 then you’ll get a global ANT+ reset about once a ride, where you’ll lose all sensor data for about 30 seconds. You can fix this by not pairing the Di2 sensor, though.

In a left turn, there’s a glitch with the top row of LEDs where they don’t work properly. Wahoo admit it’s a bug, but that was six months ago and it’s still not fixed.

Apart from that, it’s leaps ahead of Garmin. Easy to use, easy to read, and battery life is epic. Screen on the normal ELEMNT definitely better, though, bigger and “whiter”.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Wahoo Element Bolt – Accuracy’ is closed to new replies.