Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • wahey….. got kicked out.
  • alpin
    Free Member

some silly somester party on at the uin tonight. went along. loasd of nice pretty girls tottering about. was having a nice chat with some drunk red head.

then some guy gets ripped out the crowd for i don’;t know what. my mate takes offence and starts telling boucers they are hurting the guy and then push mate. his bottle goes flying and smashes on the ground at which point we have 5 on one bloke.

why are doormen such nob-heds? power tripping neo-nazi muppets….

edit: wrong forum

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Doormen =
    Not hard enough for the army
    Too thick for the police
    Too idle to do full time security

retro83
    Free Member

They’re not all complete dickheads; just most.

theotherjonv

Bit harsh. Mate of mine used to do the doors in Slough, then at Spearmint Rhino at Colnbrook when it opened. He had a degree in marketing, was head of corporate comms at my place, very smart bloke. He fought once at Nationals for the British Kickboxing title too. He continued to work on the doors for a bit of fun and banter with the rest of his mates. He was a proper member of all the industry associations, etc., not just a thug out for kicks.

One night, out with some work colleagues, in Epsom (of all places) we bunch of 30 somethings somehow got into an altercation with a group of drunken / doped up chavs. One of our crowd somehow got himself talked into playing pool against the ‘leader’ of the group who went in off the black and thus forfeited the game. One of us laughed (sniggered) when it happened and before you knew where you were all these chavs are in our faces with pool cues and bottles.

Sean stepped to the front, got us to back away and spoke, alone, to the lot of them. I don’t know what he said but there were no raised voices and he totally defused the situation, the chavs turned, picked up their coats and left. Just used his training, he said. According to him, the only time he’s used force on the doors was when the punters started it, and I can believe it.

Thanks mate. Saved us that night.

trailmonkey

Just to balance things out, I know plenty of doormen. They’re all violent thugs that live for fighting.

transporter13
    Free Member

I left that type of work, for this very reason…..the people I worked with were exactly as the stereotype suggests with no people skills. I didnt want do be a part of this and left after 4 months in which time I worked on 4 different venues around the county. I still see a few of the people every now and again…they havent changed.

Would’ve loved to work with theotherjonv’s mate sean…..seems a decent guy

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Years ago when I was an assistant manager of a club I used to take my turn on the door, the chaps I worked with were great and very tolerant considering the shite you’d have to put up with from punters.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Actually re-reading your post alpin your mate sounds like a dick, why did he get involved when it had nothing to do with him?

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

And why did you jump straight onto the internet in the middle of the night to tell everyone? Some people are very odd…

I’m going to start a thread about the poo I had last night.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘wahey….. got kicked out.’ is closed to new replies.