Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Waaaayyy other – TV aerial fitter, Bristol area – recommendations?
  • bristolbiker
    Free Member

Anyone care to recommend one? Coming to the end of a loft conversion, need new aerials fitted, plus a lot of the cable rationalising before the final fitting out of the loft space. Would do it myself, but once the scaffolding is down access will be next to impossible, so it needs to right first time…..

Ta.

ton

how many tv points are you going to.

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Current setup is one primary socket which goes to one aerial – two others sockets share a feed from another aerial on the same fixing/same location – a third socket is also going to this aerial as part of the loft work. Not all these secondary sockets are used (and currently none are, and aren’t likely to be all used simultaneously). Previously, bother aerials were in the loft space – they (obviously) now have to go outside and neither they, nor the fittings are up to it. Signal strength is good – on top of a hill with line-of-site to the transmitter.

ton

skyward aerials in Yoevil are ok. bit far out tho.

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Thanks ton – yeah, prob a bit far.

ton

easy enough to do yourself.
    aerial
    cable
    splitter
    bracket
    mast
    about £30 plus 7.50 delivery.

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Hmmm – I know what you’re saying. Two problems are a) I have no time before scaffolding comes down to DIY it and b) the right-first-time thing…….

[DOUBLE EDIT – I really musn’t]

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

We had Leigh Collier in. He was great. Backwell Satellite & Aerial.

01275 542653 / 07793 551424

CountZero

There’s a bloke in Chippenham, name of Keith Lardner, who used to be a Sky installer, and now does Aerial installations all over the south-west. He’s done various bits and pieces for me; satellite installation and terrestrial aerial replacement, and he’s really good, not stupidly pricey, and does a neat installation. Contact him on 07973 727323 or 01249 661223.
    I think he gets a lot of his business from personal referrals, he doesn’t need to advertise too much.

Candodavid
    Free Member

Dave Ford in Cheddar every time, couldn’t recommend anyone else

bristolbiker
    Free Member

As follow up to show these threads are useful, and for anyone doing a search in future, I followed ADH’s recommendation and confirm Leigh is a top bloke and has sorted my aerial needs.

clubber
    Free Member

tick – need to get a loose aerial sorted on my place!

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Clubber – if you use him, mention he got a(nother) recommendation from here. He was pretty incredulous when I explained the route by which I got his number…..

clubber
    Free Member

🙂 will do

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Waaaayyy other – TV aerial fitter, Bristol area – recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.