Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • W10 and microsoft account help please
  • mattsccm
    Free Member

Some how I have told my PC to ask for a password when I switch it on. I don’t want that.
    I thought I was signing into my Gmail account but it must have been my Microsoft account. (that I didn’t know I was creating.
    Now the login page has changed and I can’t get it back. It currently shows my Microsoft account details and asks for the password which I wasn’t aware I was entering. Bloody silly thing
    Do I just reset or is there a better way.
    All of this occurred as I was trying to download a Fitbit app which for reasons known not to me kept asking for a Microsoft account.
    Don’t even know why I need the app as its already on my wifes list of apps but I can’t stick it on mine as well or make it a common app.
    Bright ideas anyone?

leffeboy

I think this is what you are looking for. It sounds like you had a local account before and have been asked to use an MS one and then it assumes you want that for everything. See if these instructions work for you

http://www.howtogeek.com/230543/how-to-revert-your-windows-10-account-to-a-local-one-after-the-windows-store-hijacks-it/

You tend to have to load everything per user these days rather than per machine. It’s just the way things are going but if you use an MS account it also means that if you add it to another machine with the same login then the settings often come across as well

scaredypants

settings / accounts / your accounts / use a local account

(or set a PIN – at least that’s fast)

leffeboy

PIN FTW indeed

bruneep

To be able to login automatically without entering your password, then use this method.

On your windows 10 Start menu window, right click at the Win logo > select Run option > in the Run box type netplwiz > OK > follow the prompts.
    Restart Win 10.

timbur
    Free Member

You are all lovely people.
    I had this problem the other day and it really peaved me.
    Back to normal login again now.
    Cheers muchly.
    tim

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘W10 and microsoft account help please’ is closed to new replies.