Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • on one website appears to have changed fork lengths on some of their frames
  • karnali
    Free Member

am i correct in thinking the lot drop out inbred and scandal used to be advertised as 100-130mm forks, now both say 100 max. or have the geomtries changed?

Oh and anyone any idea how much the carbon 456 frames are going to be?

.duncan
    Free Member

i noticed that too.. can't help though

grievoustim
    Free Member

something to do with CEN (is that what its called?) testing? Frames are no longer considered strong enough for longer forks

karnali
    Free Member

ah ok thei'm right in thinking they we strong enough pre CEN they are rpobably still strong enough now just can' get the certs for them

Northwind

Always said the Scandal was a 100mm frame with delusions of grandeur. Just because a frame's strong enough for a longer fork doesn't mean it's a good idea

karnali
    Free Member

i never undetood why the inbred was deemed good for a fork up to 130 but the scandal not since i thought they were exactly the sme geometry. i understand it may be better at 100mm for racing on, but for general ridig what makes it so bad to go above 100?

Northwind

For me, it just got ponderous. High BB, pretty long, was i think the main issue, but tbh I don't have the sort of head that can translate riding into numbers… I just found it to be a wee bit of a barge. An Inbred would have been exactly the same.

tazzymtb

scandal was always advertised as 80-100mm

Northwind

No it wasn't… The old website said

"Race proven by many (our racers tend to run the 29in model) this is a superb handling frameset that can be set up with any fork from 80-100mm right up to 130mm. It's attitude changes a little as fork length increases, but it's always fun."

tazzymtb

can't be arsed to argue so you must be right, but the 29er was always 100mm max as that's what I have, you small wheel boys must need bigger forks 😀

Northwind

Can't speak for the 29er, so you'll probably be right there.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘on one website appears to have changed fork lengths on some of their frames’ is closed to new replies.