Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • VW/audi car servicing records
  • dalesjoe
    Free Member

I’m quite likely going to buy a VW tomorrow. However I’ve just spoken to the dealer (not VW but a large national vauxhal chain) to ask about the service history. Apparently there are no stamps in the book which is quite common as VW/Audi quite often just keep electronic records. I’ve requested he gets hold of these for me before I test drive it. Does this sound kosher or would you say he’s having me on here? Just wondered if any vw/audi owners had come across this before? It’s a 2012 model if that makes any difference.

Thanks!

Drac

It’s bollocks, I’ve had VAG for 10 years now they’ve stamped it every time. Even my old Passat banger had a full VW record.

dalesjoe
    Free Member

Apparently it was a lease car with the parent company/group. Seems certain all services will have been carried out as it was included in the lease deal. So hopefully they can provide the records by tomorrow…

JulianA
    Free Member

If it’s been serviced by VAG there should be electronic records as well as stamps in the book. If it was serviced by independent companies there won’t be a VAG record but the book should have been stamped anyway.

Wondering what a Vauxhall dealer would know about VAG practices anyway…?

dalesjoe
    Free Member

Said he used to work for them. They (the dealer) bough it from the parent company fleet management company. Who I’ve looked up online. Seem a massive company so I’d find it hard to believe they won’t be able to track down a maintenance record.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Yeah he’s talking bobbings, there’s always a book – if it’s lost they may sell you another and reproduce the stamps for you, but they’ll only do so if there’s a record it’s been done.

dalesjoe
    Free Member

That’s what I’ll ask him for. Get the parent company to reproduce a new book, assuming he produces an electronic service record or I’m not buying.

fd3chris
    Free Member

I had a fairly new mazda and that book was stopped early in its life with a letter from mazda saying all further service records were online.

flowerpower
    Free Member

I have had an Audi and a Skoda as company cars, now have a VW.

Don’t always get the book stamped, but always use a VAG garage, although which one I use varies. They just access the records on line. So in my experience the dealer is correct.

Have to admit I never thought about the next owner, last Skoda Yeti was traded in for a VW at the VW garage. No service stamps in the log, the dealer just checked on line and knew the history of the car. The customer buying the Yeti from the VW dealer would be in the same position as you.

Tallpaul
    Free Member

My wife’s qashqai is ex-motability. No stamps in the book but I have a record of all the services performed which was supplied by the Nissan dealer who performed them.

Perfectly conceivable to have no stamps. Especially on a lease/fleet car. Just make sure you get some proof the work was done!

dalesjoe
    Free Member

Good. Feeling much better now. It’s a lovely car and I really want it so hope all works out tomorrow!

matt_outandabout

We just bought an ex lease Seat. In glovebox was fully stamped service book, with printout of each service, receipts for delivery at start and end of lease, new MOT etc. The salesman suggested that they to look for it in a car – shows a certain type of owner. In this case, I also knew the previous owners name, who runs a pukka local bike shop. 😀

GJP
    Free Member

Owned cars from the VAG group for the last 16 years, Audi and VW. Always from new. Certainly since 2006 my main Audi dealer has been keeping electronic records and I think the VW dealer did prior to that. Always had the book stamped, although not sure they are too precise with which boxes they tick.

Drac

Mine have been on a lease and they all ask to make sure the book is stamped as helps the resale.

markrtw
    Free Member

With my second hand VW’s I have always called in the main dealers and asked them for a printout for the service history and asked if there are any recalls outstanding for the car. Just give them the reg number.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘VW/audi car servicing records’ is closed to new replies.