Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • VW Tiguan – anyone have one and uses child seats?
  • johndoh
    Free Member

We are looking to change car but want to be able to fit 3 Group 3 car seats in the back (or at least two Group 3 + a booster).

Anyway, I have just been checking on the Maxi Cosi site and their interactive Car Fitting Guide claims that you can fit two Group 3s using Isofix and a further Group 3 in the middle using the seatbelt only.

Can anyone confirm whether or not that is the case?

Many thanks

curto80
    Free Member

If buying the old version don’t get the 1.4tsi petrol engine. Ours started to combust itself at 30k miles.

I don’t think the back seat would be wide enough but admittedly didnt ever try it. It’s just a golf on stilts.

beaker

It’ll probably fit the seats but the boot is tiny.

backinireland
    Free Member

Looked at the Tiguan and found it to be really lacking in space
    3 seats in back a tight squeeze

johndoh
    Free Member

We have a roof box so I can cope with a tiny boot – it’s the day to day of being able to ferry our kids + friends kids that I want to solve!

w0wzer
    Free Member

Assuming it’s the new model, and group 3 being high back booster seats? Tried this on a demo yesterday. 2 high back boosters on the sides and a booster seat in the middle just about worked. The side ones weren’t isofixed, you have to shunt them hard over to the sides to get the middle booster in. Seat belts were a fiddle to do up but it did work. New model is bigger than the old one.

jambalaya
    Free Member

As above a Tiguan is basically a Golf sized car.

johndoh
    Free Member

Well I tried it and you can get three seats (with backs) in 😀

Unfortunately you can’t then do up the seat belts 😡

Back to the drawing board.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘VW Tiguan – anyone have one and uses child seats?’ is closed to new replies.