Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Vw polo electrics help
  • damascus
    Free Member

Hi,

My wife’s cars just come back from the garage, a 2007 vw polo.

The electric windows and central locking has stopped working.

About a year ago I paid a mobile auto electrician to fix it. It cost £150 and lasted 2 weeks.

I’ve now taken it somewhere else and he’s told me the drivers door needs a new window motor (6y1959801) and the passenger door needs a new lock unit (3b2837015)

Genuine vw parts are about £150 each and if they fail, vw replace for free. Similar parts on ebay are about £30 to £40 and come with a year’s warranty (if company still exists and it will cost me to replace)

As the car is getting old I’m not sure I want to spend so much on genuine vw parts.

Has anyone got any experience of using these none vw parts?

Can anyone recommend someone to use rather than a random ebay seller?

Thanks

parkesie
    Free Member

Breakers yards worth a look.

rickmeister

Get on a VW Polo forum, bet there is both a supplier and help guides on there, or YouTube for a How To video..

ulysse
    Free Member

I’d check the loom for breakage between the door and A pillar, myself

molgrips
    Free Member

I have a Passat one in my garage of similar age. If you knew the part number I could check if it’s the right one…

damascus
    Free Member

Hi molgrips, part numbers are in my first post in brackets.

I think the polo uses the same as my vw t5 so they probably use them in most vw cars of that age.

BadlyWiredDog

I run a couple of older VWs – a Corrado and a Mk2 GTi – and it’s often the case that pattern parts from the likes of Eurocarparts and GSF are made by the same manufacturer as the OE part, but without the VW stamp.

It’s not always the case and sometimes genuine parts are better, but quite a lot of aftermarket pattern stuff is fine and every bit as good as VW original parts.

I’d suggest finding a Polo forum and asking there if anyone would recommend a particular aftermarket brand or supplier. If it’s a common problem with the car, other people will have been through the same process. That’s how it works with Corrados / Golfs anyway.

HTH

Inbred456
    Free Member

As said before check the loom where it comes out of the door pillar and into the door. This was a common fault on the Passat. The looms are known to be very tight in this area. Get yourself signed up to the relevant forum, plenty of helpful advice on them.

Vader
    Free Member

+1 the loom. This is the second time I have heard this in the last month.

Similar problems on the T5 also due to damp ingress

damascus
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend a vw forum?

Thanks

jambourgie
    Free Member
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Vw polo electrics help’ is closed to new replies.