Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • VW Lupo owners?
  • phildowling
    Free Member

Any VW Lupo owners on here? Was looking for a diesel estate but quite tempted by one of these 🙂

I've got a a Splitscreen van which gives me all the load carrying i could need…if a little slowly.

How do you find it practically? We've got 2 dogs so i was planning on ripping the rear seats out and fitting a dog guard, also surf but roof bars can sort that out for the longboard (although it may take off with it fitted.

Looking at the 1.4S for my commute and for Mrs Skillsguiding to finally learn to drive in

Edit: Bugger wrong forum…sorry

phildowling
    Free Member

Looking more tempting now i'm looking into them 🙂 No owners on here though?

Sim

Used to have a Lupo 1.4, which was quite a nippy little thing. Could fit a surprising amount in with a bit of care and thought. Managed to get 2 freeride bikes, Camelbak and a kit bag in the back once. If you were doing that regularly though it could get annoying.

tron
    Free Member

It's a shortened Polo. I'd personally get a Polo. You can fit things in them without performing surgery on the interior, and they're hardly large.

c_klein87

sister has a 1litre one and seems nippy so a 1.4 must feel quick, has had a few issues like keys getting stuck in the door and blowers are mental only work on full power, other than that seems pretty solid, and looks cool 8)

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

My favourite VW since the MK1 Golf. 4 of us (no short arses) fitted in one ,on our last visit to the Lakes.

Digger90
    Free Member

You have 2 dogs, are into surfing and mountainbiking and want a Lupo?

Buy 2 and weld them together…

phildowling
    Free Member

Sounds like there a little more Tardis like than they seem then! Asked on Club lupo and with good packing they seem to carry loads 🙂 Full drum kit anyone?!

Roof rack can sort out Bikes and boards fit inside, longboard on the roof.

hp_source

I had a 1.0s then upgraded to a 1.4 tdi Seat Arosa (basically the same car), it was good fun, very economical, and you can fit a reasonable amount in the back with the seats down. My mum also had 3 Arosa's all 1.4 autos, my Dad had a 1.4 16v Arosa…. I guess that's some kind of seal of approval 😆

Club Lupo is the place to go for info/tips etc, very friendly bunch over there, and the classifieds section is worth a look too.

sv

1.0l pinks under load and VW dont have a fix, underpowered so stick with the 1.4 or indeed the 3 cylinder diesel. They are small!

nickegg
    Free Member

1.4 TDI is the one to get, if you can find one. We have one to go with our Octavia estate.

The Lupo is an awesome little car. Reminds us alot of the Mini's we used to run as students, you can really chuck it about and it shifts when the turbo spins up. My wife uses it for commuting and is used for dog carrying duties, although a rather small terrier cross.

It's fine for what we use it for. Diesel engine takes abit of getting used to as it can feel a little unbalanced but then it is a 3 cylinder.

treaclesponge
    Free Member

Used to have the 1.7 diesel and it was bombproof. Went through hell on earth, clutch made of cast iron as well. Suprisingly roomy and very comfy, even for us taller people. Im 6ft 2" and it was as small as I could go without being cramped but used to regularily drive it up to Gloucester from Kent no problems. Room for bikes on the roof rather than inside to be honest, unless you enjoy dismantling your bike a lot. Economical as hell as well. 70mpg anyone?

phildowling
    Free Member

Treaclesponge – Did you have the SDI version? How did it drive? Seen some specs and the say nearly 17seconds to 60… 😯

Looking at the 1.4 petrol for a bit more all round performance. Comfy on the motorway?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘VW Lupo owners?’ is closed to new replies.