Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • vroom. squeel. whine , whooosh . pop . bang . pop pop pop . tinkle. ( F-type)
  • singletrackmind

I am very lucky to have a friend who works for a Jaguar main dealer. This weekend he had access to a new F type S.

5.0L v8 supercharged with 500+bhp 0 -60 in 4.2 ish and stupid mid range acceleration. Too much power and performance for the queens highway but an awful lot of fun.

Metallic flecked black paint with anthracite wheels and a soft top too. It looked absolutely stunning sitting on his drive. The interior was a rather nice place to be as well . Firm but comfortable seats , all the toys , 8 speed flappy paddle ZF box with a very quick shift .

On the road ride was surprising compliant. Not at all stiff and crashing through potholes or chasing the camber , just planted .
    Then there is the soundtrack. Once warmed up a little the engine note ( loud exhaust button ‘on’) is awesome. I think they bleed one injector on the overun to give a wonderful cacophony of pops and bangs on lift off overun , or mis-time the injector pulse so its rather late .
    We did a 0- alot – 0 and it was delivered in a calm , shove through your back type way . Very stable , hardly any squirm from the back and the scenery starts to go by very fast , very quickly .

It was rather like watching a video game as it alters your perception of the abilty to cover distances in a smaller amount of time than you thought possible . Must be like riding a superbike I guess .

A lovely car , but at £90K its a little out of my budget .

bigyinn
    Free Member

EVO mag was raving about it and its V6 engined little brother. Apparently the V6 is a little more refined compared to the V8.

M1llh0use
    Free Member

They do sound EEEEEPPPPICCCCC!!!!

M1llh0use
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebvDp1nZU7k[/video]

a bit crap, but a snippet…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘vroom. squeel. whine , whooosh . pop . bang . pop pop pop . tinkle. ( F-type)’ is closed to new replies.