Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • VPP / Intense 6.6 Arrggghhhh
  • mysterymove
    Free Member

How do I get the bolts out of the bottom link plate? The tale tell knocking of worn shock bushes led me to give the whole bike a once over and i've destroyed the lower link plate bearings (like 10mm of play!?)

Top swinger plate is off, swing arm is off just can't undo the pivot bolt on the main frame? Any ideas? All of the pivot bolts were done up by King Kong but the last one won't budge…

Cheers Ben

mysterymove
    Free Member

Bump – Anyone?

mttm
    Free Member

If it's like the 5.5, there should be a couple of grub screws preventing the main link bolts from rotating. Back these off, remove the circlips from the bolt ends and undo the bolts – Bob's your Uncle, the link should come off now.

The lower link plate bolts have grub screws holding them to stop them turning…I think.

Craig

Sim

Get in touch with Extra, they can give you some tips, helped me out with my Slopestyle:
    service@extrauk.co.uk

mttm
    Free Member

I should probably add – make a note of the positions of the various spacers as you remove this link. They're quite important… 😉

mysterymove
    Free Member

I've backed off the Machine screws – Circlips have never been there from new!? Bl**dy thing won't budge, any other ideas?

I'll drop Extra a mail, as well – good call…

Cheers Ben

mttm
    Free Member

Intense are very fond of Loctite – with a preference for the permanant stuff on bearing seats (as I suspect you're about to find out). If it's never been apart, you'll be fighting Loctite plus x years worth of crud. I'm afraid it might be time to get a tad brutal.

There's plenty of advice on the Intense forum over at MTBR. Can't get there from work, though, so can't post you a link.

Good luck.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘VPP / Intense 6.6 Arrggghhhh’ is closed to new replies.