Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)
  • Votes needed to make a MTB blog win against Molly and the Princess !
  • stodge
    Free Member

Everyone.
    I have a mountain biking blog which is currently in second place in the Dorset Cereals Blog Awards. It is currently being beaten by a blog called Molly and the Princess which has just called me a

“testosterone-driven middle-aged man in lycra”

Please can you take 20 secs to click the link below and vote for me

http://www.dorsetcereals.co.uk/fun-stuff/little-blog-awards/nomination/3596

Thanks
    Stodge

scaredypants

she’s whupping yo’ ass just now mate

I suspect the mums of nettage

epicyclo

+1 vote

druidh
    Free Member

C’mon Molly!!

scaredypants

druidh – Member
    C’mon Molly!!

was it the bit about the tights ? 😳

BigJohn

We’re all Mamils here. Except the ones who aren’t.

silverpigeon
    Free Member

Molly does ride a Pashley (the Princess)or at least she did until she was knocked off the bike and it was a write off…..you are an IT consultant -there’s a surprise.

Tough call

nonk
    Free Member

voted.
    come on vote for him the other ones rubbish.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I’ve voted for Molly and the Princess, because it’s twee, pretentious and poncy, which I like. And she’s into Viennese art and stuff. Her blog is more interesting, imo.

Plus, right, she has a picture of a pretty lady in stockings on her blog, whereas you just have a picture of an angry looking bloke

Sorry, but that’s how it is I’m afraid.

nonk
    Free Member

come on elfin that lass hot as she may be is going to annoying.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

But how do you know that? You can’t. She could be really nice and not annoying at all, a bit like me actually.

Well, the thing is, I find arty designery stuff more interesting than bikes. Bikes are just a mode of transport, a means to an end, whereas arty stuff is about expression and the soul and all that palaver.

No, sorry, I like her blog better.

She’s featured Adidas pastry cutters.

nonk
    Free Member

oh so she has… fek i have voted for him now.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Well you can vote for her too I think.

In all seriousness, I preferred her blog. We all like different things I spose.

molly
    Free Member

Glad you like my blog Elfinsafety. I would appreciate it however if you could remove my photographs from your above posts as they are my copyright and I do not wish them to be used out of context of my blog – thanks!

druidh
    Free Member

molly – Elfinsafely can’t modify that post now. I suggest you drop an email to moderator @singletrackworld.com and explain the position. They can then take the necessary action.

molly
    Free Member

thanks druidh, will do

molly
    Free Member

thanks to Elfinsafety and the moderator for removing the photos – good thread though, I enjoyed it!

Onzadog
    Free Member

Stodge, have another vote.

nickf
    Free Member

Molly, that’s me, fan of all things veggie, vintage, and Viennese. The Princess is my lovely Pashley Princess Sovereign, the most beautiful bike in the world. This blog follows our adventures as we travel around the glorious South West of England and beyond.

Jesus, what a load of smug waffle. I can’t stand this sort of thing, though clearly there’s a market for twee people to witter about clothes (invariably vintage), food (frequently described in Famous Five language as ‘scrumptious’ or ‘yummy’), or design (almost always ‘simply divine’).

To each their own, however; just because I think that Molly is trying way too hard to be an Aldi knock-off version of Nigella doesn’t really matter all that much, though I’d never in a million years vote for her blog.

My blood boiled, however, when I read the following:

Glad you like my blog Elfinsafety. I would appreciate it however if you could remove my photographs from your above posts as they are my copyright and I do not wish them to be used out of context of my blog – thanks!

Firstly, get over yourself: it’s not as if these pictures are particularly special. They’re some averagely taken snaps, which, let’s be honest, you were never going to sell in a million years. Saying ‘they’re copyright’ as though these were works of great art, which you must jealously guard for fear that they’ll be stolen and commercially exploited…that’s just vanity labelling at its worst.

And secondly, he was publicising your blog, something which exists solely you to show off just how perfect your design-led existence is, and for you to bleat about how you ‘crumble’ (how I laughed) when you feed your (presumably long-suffering) husband a spiced plum and apple dessert. Elf’s doing you a favour and you have to get all po-faced on him.

I immediately voted for Stodge Blog. No idea what it’s about, but anything to stop Molly and her stupid overweight stuck-in-the-50s bike from getting the top slot.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Nickf, that sums up beautifully, when I voted for stodge after reading this thread.

Mark

No copyright is infringed when an image is merely hotlinked into a forum BTW.

nickf
    Free Member

No copyright is infringed when an image is merely hotlinked into a forum BTW.

Don’t put the pictures back though, eh? Oxygen of publicity and all that….

molly
    Free Member

Nickf, I don’t mind that you can’t stand this sort of thing – I don’t take it very seriously myself, it’s just a construction, and some people like it – so don’t go getting your blood boiling over it.

The reason I asked for the photos to be removed was not because I would want to sell them, or think they are great works of art – I don’t in either case, as you say they are averagely taken snaps, I am no photographer. But one was of my daughter, and given that thousands of this mountain biking forum clicked on it after Elfinsafety’s post, and someone called “Old Codger” posted on Stodge’s blog that he was enjoying looking after the photographs of my daughter, I’m sure you will understand my desire for them to be removed from here. They were posted for the “twee people who witter about clothes” in the first place, and not – dare I say it – MAMILs – who get all excited when they come across a picture of a girl in stockings late at night when they have nothing better to do than read a bike forum.

I have thanked Elfinsafety for publicising my blog, and am grateful to him. And thanks to you too, lots more traffic flowing in, and more votes on the Dorset Cereals award 🙂

Mark

What on earth were you thinking by posting pictures of your daughter in stockings in THE INTERNET? And then to start getting worried when people on THE INTERNET see them?

Hotlinking images is a form of quotation when it is done with attribution to the original source. Since you have stated that your blog is now seeing a surge in traffic as a result of these images and this forum thread being here I would think it hard to argue that you have not actually benefitted from the images being linked to. In that case no copyright has been infringed as evidentially no one was in in any doubt about who owned the pictures.

If you want to restrict who sees pictures of your daughter in stockings then take them off the INTERNET!

nickf
    Free Member

Molly, if you don’t want a picture of your daughter on the Web, don’t publish it on your blog. Simple, really.

Now that it’s out there, you have no idea where it will end up, and claiming copyright will make not a jot of difference. My advice would be to take the picture down.

Oh, and if you’re going to insult people, do it properly. MAMIL more properly refers to roadies; we tend to wear baggier clothing. ‘Jey-boy’ for the XC riders or ‘weekend warriors’ for the more DH brigade are better epithets, if you really must have a go.

soobalias
    Free Member

*right clicked, save as*

for ron you understand.

wwaswas

Molly – presumably you want people to read your blog and, as has been said, putting images you are ‘sensitive’ about on the internet is not the best way to protect the privacy of the subject.

If you were genuinely bothered you’d take the image off your site, too.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

At the end of every month, the blog that has received the most votes will win a lovely Dorset Cereals goodie bag and a highly coveted Little Blog Awards egg cup

All this fuss over that, get a life both of you.

toys19
    Free Member

can we have an STW vote on the best thread ever.

epicsteve
    Free Member

Doesn’t the fact that they’re both already bloggers confirm that they’re beyond saving?

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Doesn’t the fact that they’re both already bloggers confirm that they’re beyond saving?

Good point, well made.

soobalias
    Free Member

Oi! thats my chips you are pissing on KT.

monday morning is back to reality.

kimbers

i voted stodge then i saw molly modelling them hold ups

oh my

backhander
    Free Member

Voted for stodge.
    Had the stockings model been hot, I might have voted differently though!

molly
    Free Member

My understanding of copyright was:

“Photographs are considered artistic works, the copyright does not depend on intrinsic artistic merit or economic value. The copyright holder has control over the image and the context in which that image is produced”.

I chose to display the photograph on my blog, and both my daughter (who is an adult) and I were happy for the image to be used in that context.

But thanks to Mark resident grumpy for highlighting the issue of hotlinking and the ability of non-copyright holders to create new contexts for an image without apparently breaching copyright. This is something I will consider carefully.

tails
    Free Member

Anyway enough of this bickering, show us your pashley!!

z1ppy

grrrr

atlaz
    Free Member

As an aside, this thread now comes up higher in a search for “Molly and the Princess” than the original blog.

MrsToast
    Free Member

Voted for Stodge, testosterone-driven middle-aged men in lycra need to be appeased lest they rage across the internet and are forced to argue on forums!

Plus I couldn’t in good conscience vote for someone who puts up a picture of their daughter in stockings, then gets all sniffy that men are fapping drooling over it.

Have you met the internet?

Harry_the_Spider

Plus I couldn’t in good conscience vote for someone who puts up a picture of their daughter in stockings, then gets all sniffy that men are fapping drooling over it.

Have you met the internet?

Ho ho. But in this instance they are more likely to be cracking one off over the bike. Is that a 3 speed Sturmey Archer? Fwarrr

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Votes needed to make a MTB blog win against Molly and the Princess !’ is closed to new replies.