Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • voodoo djab
  • llama

Halfords have a few 2008 djabs at £999. I've got a bike2work voucher. Seems like I'd be getting alot of bike for my money.

Frame looks great, only trouble is they only have size 20". Now thats actually smaller than the bike its replacing, so not really a problem, but whats the deal with the 150mm headtube? It looks like a gate.

They must have sold the rest of them so help me make my mind up. How does that headtube ride? and lets see some pictures

ikimbunza
    Free Member

I've got a 17" and its a great bike. I'll try and post some pictures in a bit. I've got mine set up as a SS and its the 2007 model so runs at 100mm. I seem to remember that Bikeradar gave them a good review.

bone_idle
    Free Member

I got one of those 08 D-jabs in the 18" size and the frames come up big, I tried the 20" and it was huge like a farm gate. I am 6'1", So be sure to put your leg over one before you press the button. That said they are a fantastic bikes for the dosh. I love mine pleased to bits and actualy had very good service from bikehut just took it to the st pauls bikehut in the city for its 6 week tune up all good.

richc
    Free Member

have you seen the latest on-one offer? as I believe they take the vouchers

bone_idle
    Free Member

what the 09 with the revelation fork

richc
    Free Member

yep.

bone_idle
    Free Member

Looks very nice for the price, I like the idea of winding the forks down for long rides xc stuff. Looks like they made they made some good improvements there. If you can get a voucher its a good buy.I only paid £900 for mine so cant complain.

Aidan
    Free Member

I've been riding one for over a year now and I really like it. It's not super-light for a Ti frame, but it rides nicely.

I came to it after riding a Surly 1×1 for a few years and the Voodoo is better for climbing and descending. Somehow or other, I find more grip on the Voodoo (I took all the parts from the 1×1 and use the Voodoo parts on my gf's bike) and it definitely floats better over little jumps, drops, and roots. Here it is in action…

Nice weather…

Not so nice weather…

llama

nice pics is that a 18"?

Aidan
    Free Member

That's a 20" and I'm 6'3".

With the forks wound out to 130mm, there's not that much clearance for me to stand over the TT near the front of the bike, it does slope downwards a fair bit, though. It doesn't feel gate-like, to me (the 1×1 did).

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘voodoo djab’ is closed to new replies.