Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • volvo v70 ecu help needed
  • carlphillips
    Free Member

ok so in march my v70 dies, after going through diagnostics etc it turns out its engine sensors, get them ordered in many weeks later (thanks ashy volcano) only to find it only slightly improves things, so ecu gets sent away and now (4 months yes 4 months on) it seems some printed circuit board is borked, with no hope of repair and spares are seemingly very very hard to come by?

anyone know of any cheapo places to buy ecu's or boards from..?

Pete
    Free Member
    MrNutt
    Free Member

a young fella with a soldering iron fixed all the electrics in my m reg 850 for about £35 quid!

Hicksy
    Free Member

Yep,

What Pete said – have always found them very good.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Scrappies would be your best bet….

carlphillips
    Free Member

pete cheers will give them a try.
    have tried scrappies across the land to no avail, mine is a the 2.5tdi 'r' reg if anyone on here has one breaking (you never know!!)

coffeeking
    Free Member

depends whats actually up with the board. If it's just a simple blown discrete component and burned tracks it'll probably be a fairly easy fix. If it's trashed the ICs you're looking at more work to repair than to just buy a replacement.

carlphillips
    Free Member

the garage dude reckons its unrepairable/not worth repairing according to the place in hull it got sent to, ecu's are fairly expensive no? its only a wrecker really so dont want to spunk too much money on it…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘volvo v70 ecu help needed’ is closed to new replies.