Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Volvo V60
  • MRanger156
    Free Member

New car time next year and I’m looking for a medium sized estate. C class and 3 series also on the list but the V60 seems better value.

Any opinions on them, especially compared to the German contenders?

cx_monkey

Had a 2.0L D3 (now called D4) R-Design for 3 years from 2012. They’re significantly more comfortable than any other car I’ve ever driven! build is great. basic spec isn’t exactly feature rich, but anything you could ever want is available in options and their ‘combo packs’

Not the biggest car, but as good as the C/3/A4 for boot space (assuming sport wagon version??) but enough for a couple of bikes and gear.

The 2.4 D5 is a beast, but the 2.0 D4 is decent too, and is a little different to the competitors being a 5 cylinder.

Very nearly went for another one when the first lease one went back, but at the time they didn’t have an all wheel drive one available in the UK, so went for an A4 allroad instead. Wouldn’t have even thought about a different car if they had the AWD in the UK – might be different now of course…

jambalaya
    Free Member

I have a German bias so whilst I have looked at XC-60s I went for an A6 Quattro (back in 2007). I preferred the design inside and out and felt Audi had better mastered the 4WD. Considering another XC-60 now, they seem well liked but still leaning elsewhere, ie Japanese – better reliabilty but acknowledge inferior interior.

iainc

^^^ whereas I had my heart set on an xc60 but have ordered an A6 Quattro as the Audi finance options were unbeatable

cx_monkey

just saw the V60 Cross Country – which they didn’t do when I got my A4 allroad…. 🙁

NZCol

I just had an XC60 delivered 2 weeks ago, well almost, it was delivered to my wife minus half the specified options, a towbar and also registered to the wrong person which only became clear 5 days later when the V5 turned up. They currently have it back and are deciding what to do with it, we have a XC90 at the mo which is the biggest whale of a thing i have ever driven and an awful auto gearbox. XC60 is lovely, Volvo service somewhat less so – they haven’t managed to explain the PDI that is all done except there’s a list of stuff missing from their own order !

slackboy

The boot is small compared to rivals – only 430 litres.

jambalaya
    Free Member

The boot is small compared to rivals – only 430 litres.

Not if the rival is an A4, I was comparing XC60 to an A6 which is bigger on the outside and imo has smaller boot but larger rear passanger space.

OP have a search of the forum, a few 60 owners (bikebouy) and threads

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Volvo V60’ is closed to new replies.