Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Volcano fall-out?
  • plant
    Free Member

SO says she heard Sarah Kennedy wittering on about a Russian volcano causing fall-out that will show beautiful skies this week (sunset and sunrise).

I've tried googling but can find nothing. Anyone heard of anything?

Cheers,

plant
    Free Member

That's it – cheers Stoner.

Guess I know what I'm doing this evening then!

Could also explain the colours I got in this sunrise from a few weeks back ….

swavis

Loving that shot ^

plant
    Free Member

Thanks Swavis

AndyPaice
    Free Member

It's really fine ash particles suspended in the atmosphere. And those photos are great 😀

swavis

I was looking forward to sunset tonight but unfortunately it's just started chucking it down ……. again 🙁

CountZero

I saw that photo from the ISS in the paper a couple of weeks ago, so thanks Stoner for putting it up. Amazing picture, the scale of it is incredible, and 'cos it's in the northern hemisphere we should see the effects. Krakatoa made amazing sunsets in England.

CountZero

I liked the posts commenting on the pics:

Martintfre wrote:
    Volcanos gone wild!
    Did they get an EPA carbon variance from Al Gore?

Martintfre,

Actually, the reason the volcano erupted in June was to get it in before Obama's cap and trade program took effect. It could not however avoid the forthcoming fines for the release of chlorine into the atmosphere, and given that the volcano is destitute, the government will be nationalizing all land around the volcano. They are sending a clear message to this
    volcano and any other volcanoes that might challenge the government's authority to never erupt again without prior consent and approval.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Volcano fall-out?’ is closed to new replies.