Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Voice over artists with speech impediments
  • jools182
    Free Member

Was watching the telly box last night and an advert kept popping up for 1and1 offering website designs

The guy couldn’t say the letter r

And a while ago there was one for some beauty product with a womans voice who couldn’t say the letter s

How does someone get a job that only involves speaking when they can’t speak properly?

Ahh, I see what they’ve done now, I remembered the advert, 😳

peterfile
    Free Member

*gets family sized box of popcorn*

It’s a bit like those slightly unusual looking models isn’t it? They’re not what could be considered aesthetically flawless, but they are unique and memorable.

Also, are you sure it wasn’t some “famous” celebrity?

ohnohesback
    Free Member

As a southerner I get annoyed hearing announcers with geordie accents. Whastever happened to Received Pronounciation?

thepurist

<wanders into thread>

David Attenborough has been terrible to listen to for the last few years

<runs away before the stoning>

DezB
    Free Member

Talking of targeted advertising (which we weren’t), how come during the Kevin Pearce docco last night the ads were for ladies’ “personal” itching cream and something to do with erectile disfunction? They can’t have known I was watching, surely?

Harry_the_Spider

Attenborough sounds like there is a leak in the high pressure air line under his dentures.

Stoner
    Free Member

peterfile:

Lily cole always reminds me of Stewie Griffin…

neilthewheel

Attenborough sounds like there is a leak in the high pressure air line under his dentures.

R4 listeners will also recognise this in Professor Laurie Taylor.

hooli

Have you ever watched the Jonathan Ross show?

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Speech impediments are not as bad as the Gok and the Carr voices…
    nevermind using Britney Spears to ward off those Somalian Pirates, they’d start ending it themselves if you subjected them to Alan Carr.

EDIT: How is it I know who Stewie is and don’t watch the show but don’t know Lily Cole – who she then?

wysiwyg
    Free Member

She looks like Alien Girl from the Playstation adverts

Mister-P
    Free Member

Most people’s voices from TV and radio annoy me to some extent.

neilthewheel

Lily cole always reminds me of Stewie Griffin…

benji
    Free Member

But it’s ok to f-f-f-etch a cloth granville to be broadcast as entertainment?

I also wonder why as a man with a stammer i’m ok to order parts whilst at work, but if the phones need answering i’m asked not to?

toppers3933
    Free Member

an ex of mine was kicked off a job she got through an agency because she had a really slight speech impediment. that was because she would have to speak to people on the phone occasionally.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

The 1 and 1 advert absolutely does my head in. I have a theory about it though..

They’ve used the guy’s odd voice because I think he sounds ‘classless’ – as pertaining to no definite social class. In this way, my theory goes, the advert should be as inoffensive to as many hardworking (small business)people as possible up and down the land.. The trouble is that the ad is so annoying (every 5 minutes on ITV4) that I would never use 1 and 1 for anything, ever.

Kunstler

ohnohesback – Member
    As a southerner I get annoyed hearing announcers with geordie accents. Whastever happened to Received Pronounciation?

Which said in a geordie accent sounds almost as good as ‘multicultural’.

wiggles
    Free Member

This is how you do a voiceover

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Voice over artists with speech impediments’ is closed to new replies.