Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Vodafone…..how reliable as a network?
  • bigbloke
    Free Member

As above, i have been with Three which were hit n miss acouple of yrs ago but maybe improved now wife seems ok with them , i am currently with Orange which is ok but weak signal at work which kicks in/out of GPRS to Edge and switches networks continuously (T-mobile/Orange)seems slow on internet but that maybe my nearly 2 yr old phone.

Opinions on Vodafone please?

King-ocelot
    Free Member

I found the coverage to be good, however the company a load of crap. They don’t seem keen on resolving problems and never contact you when they say they will. I had a thread on here a few weeks ago which they found (some google search) and asked me over the phone to remove if they resolved my problem, the staff the shop were helpful and seemed to have the privelidge if a contact number for Vodafone that actually got through to someone who knows what they are on about.

My other phones on 02 which have been fine with equal coverage. When Vodafone expires I will move it to 02 also.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Buy the cheapest PAYG SIMs and confirm signal strength in the places you tend to need/use coverage.

PrinceJohn

The fact they have their name emblazoned across Man Utd’s shirts has always been enough to put me off them

paulosoxo
    Free Member

They’ve supplied our work mobiles for 12years +. Always been first class. Which is annoying

maccruiskeen

asked me over the phone to remove if they resolved my problem

I see that you didn’t remove it – so did they keep to their word and refuse to resolve your problem? 🙂

scaredypants

they’re the only network I can get at home

coverage is fairly good wherever I’ve been

no downtime AFAIK in several years

Suggsey
    Free Member

Go to Ofcoms website and they have maps of all the relevant companies signal coverage in the UK so you can see accurately (and it is) which network would be best for you. In my experience Vodafone has been terrible coverage for my use however O2 has always been best anywhere nationally.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Network improvment/upgrade is centred around the biggest revenue earnering areas, if you are in a remote area and you have a good signal then you are lucky.

Drac

Been with them for years excellent signals and always great customer service, their 3G coverage lets them down though.

Farmer_John
    Free Member

Hopeless 3G coverage – the biggest network is now Everything Everwhere who have triple the number of masts to Vodafone, seamless roaming between the orange and t-mob networks and are currently pushing their 3G coverage to 99.5% of population. Vodafone was around 88% last time I checked.

DickBarton

Been very good for me, customer for almost 10 years. Signal strength dropped a bar a month before I got my new phone but not stopped me using the phone. Agree about mince 3g coverage but it is bearable. I’m happy but then I’ve never thought seriously of moving so I haven’t checked if I’m on a decent deal or not.

tails
    Free Member

Tesco have some kind of deal with BT openzone that might be worth looking at.

scaredypants

I wouldnt necessarily believe that ofcom thing – suggests I’m on the border between good & moderate coverage. real world translation = nul points using sim in 3 different handsets (not 3g, no signal at all)

Stoner
    Free Member

pretty happy with them.

Bit tied to vodafone because their Sure Signal box gives me a 3g signal through my own BB at home which is handy and reliable, whereas roudn these rural parts its all gsm otherwise.

There used to be a 3G bandwidth issue at key spots like paddington but has improved a year or so ago.

Business customer website is pretty easy to use.

We’re now on SIM only as our phones are running fine so have cut our bills down.

Oh and best bit is roaming costs on the continent are very good for data which is pretty important for us.

PePPeR

We use Vodafone for work, the phone signal is great, but the 3g coverage is very poor and slow!

My own 3 phone has weaker phone signal but is far far better on 3G.

Vodafone again provide as Stoner says a great roaming deal, get Vodafone passport if you spend much time abroad.

santacruzsi
    Free Member

Find their 3G signal very weak where I live and occasionally where I work. Generally connects all the time for calls and SMS send / recieve ok just poor 3G. My contract is up in July so I’ll be off! The price of my tariff ( 900 mins, unlimited texts and 1Gb data) seems overpriced at £40 compared to rivals. On the plus, vodafone passport is good for EU travel.

bigbloke
    Free Member

Thanks for the info people, my main concern was the 3G signal strength to be fair so Vodafone looks to be a bit hit n miss on that front.

unovolo
    Free Member

Our works phones(nationwide company) were on Vodafone for several years,shower of the proverbial,constant dropped signal,no coverage at my home address after they upgraded the network to Edge either.
    Works phones are now on 02 which seem to be loads better regarding coverage and reliability.

My wife and I have our personal phones with 3 for the last 4years and have never had any signal issues either.

Had a friend who was on with Vodafone and there customer service was a Joke,staff do not know anything about the phones they are selling.

lodious
    Free Member

I’ve been with them for years, and found them OK, but I changed my phone for a HTC Sensation and it contantly drops of the network (think it’s a compatibility issue between phone and network). I’m moving to T-Mobile in a few weeks, so I’ll be in a better position to judge how good Vodafone were,

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Vodafone…..how reliable as a network?’ is closed to new replies.