Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Vodafone in the USA ??
  • jiff
    Free Member

Am thinking of changing to my mobile contract to Vodafone. However, I have heard that Vodafone in the USA can be sketchy – does anyone have experience of this please ?.

We try to holiday in the States every other year, so any experiences (good or bad) would be much appreciated.

If coverage is rubbish, I suppose I can always purchase an American SIM card and use that. Again, I dare say someone on the forum has done this – if so, which did you go for and how did you finf it ??.

Thanks all,

peterfile
    Free Member

I always use sims that are native to the country i’m travelling to. MUCH better for calling in country. ebay is generally a good place to start. Then if you need to phone home just use your work phone! 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

I don’t think it works like you think it works.

When you roam, your UK provider may or may not have a preferred partner in whatever country you are going to. Orange/EE do this but apparently Vodafone do not. So when you turn your phone on in the US you will get whatever network is available.

However, you likely have a GSM phone, and there is only one national GSM network in the US (I think) which is AT&T. So you probably will get AT&T whoever your contract is with.

EDIT oh apparently there is also TMobile as well.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Vodafone in the USA ??’ is closed to new replies.