Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Vitus Vee 1 – Owners Club Thread
  • tommo
    Free Member

I got a Vitus earlier in the year, the Vee-1 singlespeed. The eyes in those adverts got to me. Just wondered if anyone else is riding one, and in particular what adjustments you’ve made…

I ditched the tyres as they were rubbish other than it’s stock. I’ve done lots of miles on it. I don’t live there, but it worked well in London. Probably because of the constant shallow ups & downs as well as traffic, lights and other stop-start obstacles. It’s not so good for the hilly area where I live, but I use it loads for commuting, hacking & training when I don’t want to take out my expensive, vulnerable bike 😉

I’ve now put fire xc’s on it to turn it into a winter mtb. The rear clearance is pretty tight though, so I’ll get a narrower tyre.

Going to change to an easier gear as well. Would appreciate any advice on the way to do this. One review said put a 21T freewheel on the back…

tommo
    Free Member

I got a feeling this owner’s club is gonna be just me…

deanbuck
    Free Member

I’ll join! Just got my vee 1 and I love it! Have you made any upgrades yet? I’ve mad a couple of minor ones.

qwerty
    Free Member

I brought a Vee1 29er after my Humu got nicked, not changed a thing, works fine as it is for canal path bike, commuter, pub bike, shopper etc, will need a lower gear for hilly off road. Brake pads will be upgraded to Clarkes triple compound once the originals are shot.

deanbuck
    Free Member

Are Clarkes triple compound good for all weathers? Is everybody happy with there tires?

hammerite
    Free Member

Tommo – I’ve not got a Vee 1, but have got an Optimum 1 http://www.vitusbikes.com/mountain-bikes/optimum-i

Interesting what you say about tyre clearances as mine’s pretty tight too on the rear. Had to drop to a 1.8″ tyres, could probably get away with 2.0.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Vitus Vee 1 – Owners Club Thread’ is closed to new replies.