Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Visting folks and hoping to explore Swinley
  • bintangman
    Free Member

I've been once before with my wife but am hoping for another explore on Saturday while down to see my folks. I got the map last time and found sone runs and see there are descriptions for Seagulls and Sticklers, which all sound quite exciting… Are all the main runs on those maps, or are there any areas I should be exploring for some hidden gold?!

If there are any groups heading out in the afternoon who don't mind me tagging along that would be even better.

cheers

Bikingcatastrophe
    Free Member

The place is riddled with runs and trails although I have yet to find a map that covers them particularly well. (I have an oldish ppt based map that has a load of the trails on but it's not that brilliant). Am taking a group of less experienced riders out on saturday morning for a few hours. For some of the fun you can, to a degree, just follow your nose. Seagull is a nice ride which can lead into Stickler and tank traps. Cycle up the fire track to get to Sandy Cutting (the gully where the kids do a lot of their jumping about) and then cut across to Surrey Hill. That section between the Reservoir and Surry Hill is full of trails and runs and you could probably spend many a happy hour zipping down them and slogging back up the hill for another go.

bintangman
    Free Member

excellent, cheers for that. Last time we had the vague feeling we were missing out on the best bits, so will give that a try.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Visting folks and hoping to explore Swinley’ is closed to new replies.