• This topic has 21 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by timc.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Visiting Liverpool this weekend any decent boozers to recommend!
  • postierich
    Free Member

Lads meet up this weekend and Liverpool has been decided, so any old decent boozers you would recommend and new ones would be handy to 🙂

Garry_Lager

Ship and mitre is the main real ale pub in town (great ale but not my fav interior). Top of Dale St. This area in general has several good alehouses, the white lion is another. Good place for a session without being bothered by Teds. Could move more central later on if you want things a bit livelier.

Baltic fleet worth a visit if you Albert dock way, on wapping.

weeksy

Depends what sort of a night you want really

samuri
    Free Member

Aye, I’ll second that. Ship and mitre is good. Plenty of good pubs round there.

Marin
    Free Member

Dispensary up by the bombed out church. Good boozers by the Phillamonic as in Ye Craic. The Eddy round the corner from my house but too far out of town.

adrec
    Free Member

Fly in loaf is a good real ale boozer, just down the road from the philharmonic as well. The other end of town you’ve got the slaughterhouse, always good live music.

Marin
    Free Member

Hmm like the slaughterhouse comedy club but think the pub is rubbish upstairs.

loddrik
    Free Member

The Pilgrim, The Swan as well as those mentioned above. Avoid concert square like the plague.

weeksy

He may not be 40 you know

timc
    Free Member

age of group? type of places you usually like? full on day & night out?

ratherbeintobago

All roads lead to the Raz (AKA The Blue Angel, at the top of Seel Street)

timc
    Free Member

^^ IGNORE HIM ^^

rudebwoy
    Free Member

marin–do you mean the Edinburgh just off sandown road ?

fivespot
    Free Member

Just ask when you get there. But don’t forget your phrase book. Dey tork funny like 😉

Marin
    Free Member

I sure do rudebwoy. Monday nights jam session though only seem to make it in the winter months.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

Marin– know the place well– my mate frequents there an awful lot , and his girlfriend works behind the bar–a wonderful little gem of a pub..

loddrik
    Free Member

McHales Shamrock and the Beehive if you’ve given up on life…

ratherbeintobago

^^ IGNORE HIM ^^

Why (he asks innocently)?

DOI – used to have life membership, and usually ended up in there every weekend when I lived in Mossley Hill.

LeeW

Big house is good for a laugh.

Marin
    Free Member

It sure is rude. If you see a deranged mad man in there on Saturday drinking rum and looking like a Cossak hippy its my mate Nick out for a birthday drink. I’ll be the one in the corner laughing at him.

postierich
    Free Member

Thanks for the info guys in our mid 40,s so good alehouses are needed and a indi/alternative venue for tunes!will be hitting the slaughter house Saturday night early doors. The lads are back in Liverpool after a 20+ years leaving Poly I think it might have changed a bit 🙂

timc
    Free Member

Go with above advice, start in ship & mitre & work your way towards the Slaughter house during the evening! nice selection of boozers in that area…

As for later in night, Id jump a taxi over towards Hardman Street / Philamonic Area, lots of decent boozers, many mentioned about, then if your feeling rowdy you can head down towards St Peters Square area…

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Visiting Liverpool this weekend any decent boozers to recommend!’ is closed to new replies.