Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Virgin media, free increase to broadband Bolt advert then….
  • DT78
    Free Member

…I receive a letter saying my package is increasing by £3.50 a month.

Hang on, that’s not free. Bit miffed. Anyone complained about it yet?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2012/feb/02/virgin-media-broadband-price-increase

joao3v16
    Free Member

Briadband speed increase is free, the package cost increase is for other reasons.

Probably.

Or, it’s just massively cynical marketing.

allthepies
    Free Member

I wonder how much per subscriber Bolt cost for those adverts ?

DT78
    Free Member

£3.50?

Bit cheeky really I surprised there isn’t more noise about this on the net. False advertising.

bobfromkansas
    Free Member

virgin are the proverbial set of ba******

wwaswas

If you check the broadband sopeed increase it may be 9 months before you get that, so def. no relation to price increase 😉

bigbloke
    Free Member

I complained, it is across the packages you recieve. IIRC 20p on caller display £1 something on TV, line rental going up too etc. Well that was the story i got, still happy to stay with them as been faultless for years for me with upgraded boxes chucked in now n then plus had 2 broadband upgrades free over the years.

wrecker
    Free Member

virgin are the proverbial set of ba******

Look what that gets you….

Mikkel
    Free Member

Im guessing your getting faster internet but other parts of your package is going up in price.
    Got internet only with them and not had anything about cost encreasing.

My speed are due to be upgraded sometime after June…….

Its all marketing crap if you ask me.

jota180
    Free Member

Does that mean we could get out of a contract early?
    i.e. they change it making it void?
    Sure I read somewhere about that

Still got 9 months to go but would rather ditch it and get Sky now for the F1

wwaswas

they change it making it void?

a price increase, if allowe dunder therms of the contract isn’t a breach of it.

Changing fundamental things like reducing amount of data you’re allowed to download ‘for free’ might be a change if you can prove it would detrimentally affect you.

warton
    Free Member

we’re cancelling Virgin TV tonight as a bit of a costcutting exercise. will be keeping broadband and phone, but due to the speed increases, which we get in March will be downgrading the broadband package too.

ebygomm
    Free Member

ours is increasing by £1.50 per month. i wouldn’t mind so much if they didn’t waste money sending us leaflets on a weekly basis asking us to sign up

jota180
    Free Member

a price increase, if allowe dunder therms of the contract isn’t a breach of it.

Changing fundamental things like reducing amount of data you’re allowed to download ‘for free’ might be a change if you can prove it would detrimentally affect you.

Clause J2 seems to give me an out 🙂

http://shop.virginmedia.com/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-cable-services.html

wwaswas

does seem to give you an out if you give them 30 days notice.

Del

we’re cancelling Virgin TV tonight as a bit of a costcutting exercise. will be keeping broadband and phone,

please post back and let us know what their response is. possible you’ll get to hang on to ‘M’ tv as you can only get ‘M+’ as part of a package now from what i can see. i’m thinking to go down the same route, but would like to know if i need to go shopping for a freeview TV.
    also a bit tired of handing over nearly 40 quid for a landline i never use, though always seem to accrue 50p or a quid’s worth of charges, and spend about 3 hours/week watching TV, and get a LOT of leaflets suggesting i sign up to this that and the other.

wrecker
    Free Member

Get rid of phone, keep broadband. 😀

highclimber
    Free Member

could be worse, they could be BT!

wwaswas

Get rid of phone, keep broadband

do they let you do that – all the offers I’ve seen seem to imply you have to have both?

mustard
    Free Member

We’re getting just BB, not tv or phone, in the new flat. £17.50 for 1st 3 mths then £22.50/mth shocking install charge ~£50? but with a £25 discount 🙄 If that info is of any use to anyone. Better deal over the phone than online.

warton
    Free Member

EDIT. forget it, i was getting myself all confused…

warton
    Free Member

mustard thats very expensie for BB. have you tried plusnet?

nsaints
    Free Member

I did look into binning Virgin last week – working from home and having BB keep dropping was getting on my ****
    I logged onto Which I looked up their rated most relible provider and the prices were forget that!!

so really who is out there as an alternative to Virgin/SKY/BT for BB/TV/phone…I can’t think of anyone.

Those three are as bad as each other right…so I’m stuck with Virgin as far as I can see

mustard
    Free Member

mustard thats very expensie for BB. have you tried plusnet?

wanted the cable bb speeds as we’re not going to have tv at all so will be streaming love film and the like. Would also need to pay for BT install and line rental for at least a year with any other bb supplier.

warton
    Free Member

we’re cancelling Virgin TV tonight as a bit of a costcutting exercise. will be keeping broadband and phone,

please post back and let us know what their response is.

Just got off the phone with them. you were right, they tried to tie me to medium phone, TV and BB for £39 quid (the TV was ‘free’). No Thanks I said, I then said talk talk would do phone and BB for 22 quid (this may, or may not be true) and the girl instantly stuck a discount on it, so Large (up to 60mb in March) broadband and XLarge phone is now 25 quid. sorted!

EDIT: overall saving 30 quid a month

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Virgin media, free increase to broadband Bolt advert then….’ is closed to new replies.