Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Virgin media early disconnection fees: tell me your positive experiences please
  • piemann
    Free Member

No Virgin at our new house and am only halfway through the minimum contract. They will charge me for the remaining 6 months but hopefully one of you clever people has found a way to mitigate some if not all of this nasty fee?

Thanks

Iain

munrobiker
    Free Member

Ask someone you know if they need a new broadband provider and live in a Virgin area, it comes up on my facebook feed sometimes if someone is moving and wants to transfer the contract.

spawnofyorkshire

Nope, they are a shower of shite when it comes to early cancellation.
    I’ve a very long, unhappy story of dealing with VM about 7 years ago that resulted in me paying a fair chunk of money just to be done with them.

The sad irony. My new house has only one connection to it which means i’m stuck with VM Broadband (which at least is fast and reliable). It’s just a shame that i don’t have a phoneline at all and BT/Sky fibre stops 25m from my front door so i couldn’t get it even if i had a phoneline 😥

scotroutes

Err, I cancelled early when moving to an area where they had no service and had no charge for the outstanding months. I suggest calling them and explaining how happy you are with the service but unfortunately you’ve no choice.

allan23
    Free Member

Check Ofcom on the early termination fees, there are get outs you can quote but I don’t recall the exact circumstances as it’s a while since I worked in telecoms.

There’s also a limit of what is considered an acceptable amount if I remember.

allan23
    Free Member

Thinking about it, if there’s no Virgin cable then would they put you on resold ADSL\FTTC and waive the fee?

Even if you move to another provider you’ll be on ADSL or FTTC. Might be cheaper to just take a transfer to that with Virgin, save the early termination and then move provider later?

All depends if they still resell ADSL\FTTC.

piemann
    Free Member

Thanks all. On the phone to them now. My loins have been suitably girded!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Virgin media early disconnection fees: tell me your positive experiences please’ is closed to new replies.