Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Villa to go down at 12-1. Heave on?
  • Garry_Lager

Any Villains on the forum? Wondering what the feeling is on the season’s run in – seeing a few threads on the football forums saying they could well get dragged in to things. Arsehole of a season, Bent out, have to play Utd and Spurs plus Bolton in a 6 pointer, manager with dubious credentials at the helm.

Saying that, they are 5 points clear of relegation with a game in hand which seems like loads. What’s the feeling?

sing1etrack

They’ll be ok purely because the teams below them are marginally more shambolic than they are…..

wors

*When Bolton beat them in their rearranged game they’ll be right in the poo.

*as a Bolton fan I can’t see this happening, but you never know!

MrSparkle

Going to be an important game, that one Wors. Think Villa could well get drawn into it but hopefully the bottom 3 at present will be the ‘lucky’ 3. Fingers crossed… ;0)

ell_tell
    Free Member

Mmm. Bit concerned over their recent results but think they’ll stay up. Bit of a mix of remaining fixtures. Couple of mid table teams theyre capable of beating on a good day & at least they’ve been scoring.

A world away from previous seasons fighting for 4th & regularly top 6 🙁

donsimon
    Free Member

Wouldn’t want to see Villa go down, as a lifelong Man Utd fan I used to have some serious and adult footy chat with a diehard Villa fan. Good times.

andy7t2
    Free Member

I used to have some serious and adult footy chat with a diehard Villa fan

now i know your lying

trailmonkey

villa fan here. been thinking the same since feb. hard to see us winning a game at the moment.i think we’re gone.

i think a tenner at 12 -1 might soften the blow a little. maybe even a treble with qpr and wolves.

smudge
    Free Member

Mcleish admits villa are in a relegation battle? its been like that since he took over.
    I reckon the game in hand will influence the rest of the season, Then again with Villa I can still see them pulling off a shock result .. Hopefully.

Cant see many season tickets being sold for next season if mcmuppet is still there though

shadowrider
    Free Member

It would be a dream come true if The Ginger Judas took The Vile down. K.R.O

Haze

Won’t happen…

fuzzhead
    Free Member

As a Villa fan I’ve been worried about this for a couple of months given their form. Selling their best players and bringing in McLeish meant this season was always going to be tricky…

binners

I was talking to a bloke in the pub while watching the united match. He had a punt on Villa going down, at the beginning of the season. He got a lot better odds than 12-1, and was confident he was going to get paid out.

It’ll hinge on the Bolton game. That’s a proper 6 pointer

fuzzhead
    Free Member

TBH i think it’ll hinge on the Liverpool game this weekend – Liverpool are there for the taking at the moment – even Wigan & QPR beat Liverpool recently

jimmy

Never unsderstood why Villa took him on just after seeing Brum through relegation??

More to the point, Everton to finish above Liverpool…? 😀

PrinceJohn

I think Villa need to be careful – they are dangerously close to being sucked into it, I do however think they’ve got enough quality to stay up.

However it looks like QPR, Bolton & Wigan have suddenly remembered how to win games so it’s going to be tight.

binners

You never know fuzzhead. Andy Carrol might remember where the goals are.

Oh… No, actually… you’re right. Its got 0-0 written all over it

The Mash have done some corkers about Andy Carrol recently 🙂

Andy Carroll listed on Ebay

Carroll starts against Newcastle to remind him of his job

😆

fuzzhead
    Free Member

With Reina suspended & Carroll having chosen the path of the non-scoring striker, Villa should beat them. But they way they played against Arsenal makes you want to cry – just try and score FFS!

We need to unleash the Heskey, they’ll be quaking in their boots! 😉

schnullelieber
    Free Member

Saying that, they are 5 points clear of relegation with a game in hand which seems like loads.

Don’t count on it. I remember a year when palace were 9pts clear with 3 games to go and still went down 🙁

binners

The only team doomed for definite are Wolves. They’re already down. I reckon Bolton, Blackburn, QPR, Villa and Wigan will scrap it out to the last game to decide. Which will make for more high drama on the last day of the season

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

If McCleish manages that double it would be quite an achievement. Paid by results – as if!!!

Blackhound

‘Two Tracksuits For £10’ stadium lol!

Villa – Bent is key I reckon. Not sure how long he is out for.

timc
    Free Member

Liverpool should beat Villa

PrinceJohn

& Wigan & QPR….

Garry_Lager

Bent is done for the season and doubtful for the Euros. Hence doom and gloom – no one to stick it in the old onion bag.
    The Zog is also out for a month – although hearing some Villa fans’ comments he’s been poor for them this season. Good player though and been through it before with Wigan and Newcastle.

timc
    Free Member

ok sorry, will beat villa

maxray
    Free Member

Was talking about this last week when Vila were 40-1.. wishing I had put a 10er on now!

binners

And quite a few other sides. Unfortunately…..

for the scousers

😆

fuzzhead
    Free Member

Bent’s done in, Keane’s back in the US, Zog’s out for a month

oh and McLeish is in charge

we’re doomed!

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

As a Bolton fan,i can see us staying up, but only just. Think Villa will beat us in the rearranged game and stay up.

Final League Predictions

15th Villa
    16th Bolton
    17th Wigan
    18th QPR
    19th Blackburn
    20th Wolves

I very much Dislike Wigan and B*stard Rovers so I’m hoping they get relegated.

yossarian
    Free Member

Hope Villa and Bolton stay up, proper big teams with decent fans.

Wolves, QPR and Wigan for the drop.

binners

I think my money would be on those 3 going down too. Bolton and Wigan are on a roll at the moment. I hope Blackburn go down. Just so everyone can replay the Venky’s comedy comments about a top 5 finish this season.

Yip – Top five of the Championship 😆

portlyone

Think QPR will join Wolves. Blackburn played well yesterday, Bolton and Wigan look like they’re up for it. I hope it goes down to the last day, hour, minute, second.

zokes
    Free Member

I very much Dislike Wigan and B*stard Rovers so I’m hoping they get relegated.

I agree about Rovers, but I thought Trotters fans had a general indifference towards the Pie Eaters, seeing as they’ve not really been a proper football club for very long and therefore don’t matter much 😆

Oh, and in answer to the OP, I bloody hope so!

MrSparkle

Was never very bothered about the Pie men but they have got a bit uppity recently. Setting smoke bombs off at the Reebok and generally playing at being hoolies. I think somebody must have got hold of a copy of Green St…

shadowrider
    Free Member

Agent Mcleish is doing a fantastic job down at Vile Park, I never thought relegation was a possibility but if Villa lose to the Baggies on Saturday my dreams could fast become reality. SOTV

hilldodger
    Free Member

Alex McLeish claims he has the backing of Aston Villa owner Randy Lerner and chief executive Paul Faulkner…..

…..So goodbye then 😆

fuzzhead
    Free Member

if they give McLeish the boot, it’ll be too little too late unfortunately 🙁

Garry_Lager

Sickener that last night if you’re Villa. Getting dispatched by Nogo ffs. 3 pts ahead of relegation but their form is a horror story – Wigan are in great form by contrast.

binners

Oh no! Not the dreaded ‘confidence of the board’? Eek!

Could they follow the Wolves ‘sack your manager with nobody lined up to replace them’ route. That’s gone really well so far. 😆

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Villa to go down at 12-1. Heave on?’ is closed to new replies.