Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Video editing
  • stany
    Free Member

In my mind, this should be an easy task in this day and age.
    I’ve collected a bunch of clips/videos from friends and family to wish my wife a happy birthday.
    At the moment, I have them all stored in a Google Drive folder.
    All I want to do is link them together into a single edit. No trimming or editing required, just paste them end to end.
    Windows Movie Maker has let me do this with 13 of the clips. There are 3 clips outstanding that I just can’t fathom how to get them onto the ‘storyboard’, and I think it may be an Apple/Windows thing.
    That said, I have the 3 in Windows Media Player now, so I know they can be played. I just need to transfer them to Movie Maker.
    Any advice, please.
    I have to do this before Friday.
    I thank you

mikewsmith
    Free Member

What’s different about the last 3? Size duration etc.?
    Can you add them to win movie maker separately?
    If so export film 1 then add these to it after

cbike
    Free Member

Codecs. You need to make sure formats are the same as some nles won’t be happy mixing them. Use handbrake or similar to convert.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Yep. Makes sure they’re the same format. Can’t VLC player do it?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

If they will play in WMP then I’d be 99% sure they would work in WMM. If you want to share the folder I can probably stick them all together and export them back at some point this week.

stany
    Free Member

Thanks for all the responses, and especially Mike’s offer to mesh it all together.
    I’m a bit of a computer dinosaur, so the responses then send me back to Google to work out what Codec, NLES, VLC all mean. I’m up to speed now (sort of)
    Anyway, I just had another look at the files on Google Drive and discovered the link to an online converter, so I should be able to finish off the job tonight.
    I’ll be back if it all goes wrong again

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Video editing’ is closed to new replies.