Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • VG Scotland Mountain Biking – The Wild Trails: Anyone got it? Any good?
  • grumm
    Free Member

http://www.v-outdoor.co.uk/products/mountain_biking/scotland_mountain_biking_the_wild_trails.php

I'm a big fan of their Lake District book and this looks pretty good – anyone got it?

Just wondering as well, I have ordered the Kenny Wilson book (ages ago and it still hasn't bloody turned up!). Anyone know if they cover similar ground or if it would be worth having both of them?

Ta

nbt

I lile their books too. Have ridden with Phil the author and I like him. let us know how you get on with the book 🙂

geoffj

I picked a copy up yesterday, on the back of liking their Lakes book. It looks pretty good and covers most of the classics. Decent OS mapping too.
    It seems to have information about details which you can't detect on the map – boggy ground, dodgy river crossings etc. Worth £16 easily IMHO.

ART

Yeah, I've got both of those. Some overlap – Kenny's book arguably more 'wild' but I really like the VOutdoor one for the info/ mapping etc If you like pouring over books as part of the anticipation of riding then I'd get it. Oh and Bothy Bikes defo had the Kenny book in when we were up there in June if you can't be arsed waiting. 🙂

grumm
    Free Member

Nice one, thanks for that. Exactly what I was after.

I was being a cheapskate and ordered a second hand copy off the Kenny Wilson one from abe books – several weeks and many unanswered emails later I still haven't got it. 🙁

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘VG Scotland Mountain Biking – The Wild Trails: Anyone got it? Any good?’ is closed to new replies.