Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Vests under work shirt
  • Xylene
    Free Member

Do you wear a vest under your work shirt?

All three of the other managers at work do. I can see it through their shirt, I’ve not undressed them.

I’m wondering if I am missing out on something. It is a hot country.

gonzy
    Free Member

i wear one…but i tend to wear dark shirts so you cant see the vest underneath

scotroutes

Would the concept bother you less if it was called a base layer, made of some exotic fabric and was only available from outdoor shops at exorbitant cost? 😆

scaredypants

maybe keeps the shirt from sticking to your skin ?

and face it, you’ve undressed them with your eyes – you filth !

wrecker
    Free Member

I did until I found an effective anti persperant. Sweaty bastard, see.

sandwicheater

On a chilly day like this one, yes. I however do not have one on today, have gone for a jumper over my shirt.

In certain light you can see it (if i’ve a thinner shirt on). It doesn’t bother me.

stewartc
    Free Member

I wear them in summer as it gets a tadge hot walking the streets of Hong Kong,its better that people see my vest outline than the massive wet stain that results in me running between meetings 100% humidity.

Cougar

I don’t think I’ve worn a vest since I left school. And I’m Northern.

Sundayjumper

Through the winter I tend to wear a plain white t shirt under my shirt. Probably less obvious than a vest.

Murray

Are they Americans? Perfectly normal for septics.

slowoldman

Aye, us Northerners don’t wear vests (except on their own).

bigblackshed

Cougar.

I expect you go out in just a shirt in the depths of winter too?

Nothing like a stereotype. 😉

soobalias
    Free Member

i would assume the vest would make you sweat more.
    never thought of it as an all over torso sponge.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Surely that’s because a vest under a tee shirt makes no sense ?

Kryton57

i wear one…but i tend to wear dark quality shirts so you cant see the vest underneath

Some Americans explain this to me that they or a cotton t shirt if the vest material (see m&s) were warm in winter and stopped the perspiration effect during the summer. I tried it and liked it.

It also has the added benefit of allowing you to believe you are Bruce Willlis should your office get hijacked by terrorists.

mav12
    Free Member

liberty bodice is where its at

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I wear white t shirts under my proper shirt in hot places, such as HK as mentioned above.

Makes good sense to help protect shirts from sweat and deodorants. Also, helps to keep me warm in the freezing air con offices!

Xylene
    Free Member

Hmmm.

I’m tempted.

41 degrees today. will it stop me looking as if I have showered with my clothes on?

nickdavies

Yep thin one, crew neck with a tie and v neck without. You can’t see them under a decent shirt. Wearing one now..

Warm in winter, keeps the sweat in the vest in summer and prolongs the life of the shirt – none of those manky underarm bits you get after a couple of years of deoderant & armpit. Started doing it when I started going to Asia years ago.

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

Yep a thin one with a deep V neck; they separate the shirt from a sweaty pit and they’re easier to launder than shirts, so you can get extra wear(s) from the shirt between washes.

Xylene
    Free Member

I’ve seen andverts for those underarmor shirts before for work wear, but never thought about them.

Would wearing a pair of long johns stop my legs sweating as well?

andyl
    Free Member

If you’ve got the cash these look good: http://ministryofsupply.com/pages/technology

z1ppy

Darn it I’m so CF, always worn a white t-shirt under work shirts, nothing worse than sweaty armpits on display.

IHN

What about the string one you wear, sitting on your deckchair on Blackpool beach, with a knotted hanky on your head?

wrecker
    Free Member

Liberate yourselves from the vest/tshirts of opression!!!!!

jambalaya
    Free Member

I did for 25 years a habit picked up from working in the US. Don’t do it any longer as the new wife didn’t really like it. Not really a big deal either way but I tend to wear a sweater more now in the air-coned office.

gonzy
    Free Member

It also has the added benefit of allowing you to believe you are Bruce Willlis should your office get hijacked by terrorists.

i like the logic!! 😀

DezB
    Free Member

Can you ask them something for me?
    Do they tuck the vest into their pants?
    Always was a dilemma when I was a little kid.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

I do (working in a hot country).

No sweaty marks when it’s hot and keeps you warmer in the intolerably cold AC.

Nice sleeveless vests get hidden under the seams of the shirt.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Vests under work shirt’ is closed to new replies.