Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Vesta Stoves – anyone got one?
  • acjim
    Free Member

I’m interested in the Vesta wood stoves, has anyone got one?

Not sure whether a “contemporary” design means effective heating?

thanks!

globalti
    Free Member

My advice would be to go for a multi-fuel, not a wood stove. It gives you more flexibility to burn different fuels and wood burns better if you start with smokless and build up a base of glowing fuel, on which you can burn your logs. Just logs in the grate makes for less heat output and needs more air, unless your wood is chopped up small enough to burn fast and create the all-important bed of embers.

welshman2013
    Free Member

Hi I have got two of these, the 4 and 6kw. I bought them 2 years ago direct from the factory. It was well worth the trip up to see them as I got to see the guys building them which is a rare thing this day and age!

We made our decision as the efficiency was listed as 82%. We were a little sceptical after always having the traditional style stove. Our new house is a bit too modern for an old style stove.

The stoves from vesta are extremely well built and and we have had great results from them for 2 seasons of burning.

We did quite a lot of research because we didn’t know if we should get a multifuel conversion for the stoves but after reading about how the efficiency drops if you burn wood on a multifuel stove we decided against it.

I can say that from our experience the vesta stoves have been fantastic addition to our home and throw out a huge amount of heat. We should have probably gone for 2 x v4 stoves as the v6 almost heats the whole house.

hope this helps.

acjim
    Free Member

thanks Mate

we’ll have to see if funds allow for this year but if so I think we’ll get a Vesta – i also really liked the “made in UK” detail

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Vesta Stoves – anyone got one?’ is closed to new replies.