Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Very sad but.. what grips
  • dropoff

Ok so I really like RaceFace good n evil grips, but I cant find them in lock on variety so what grips are similar ie fat and chunky but available in lockons. Thanks

edward2000
    Free Member

ODI Ruffians

nuke

Oury

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

ODI Rogues are the fat and chunky ones.

I have 2 part worn lock on sets going begging if you are in the area of Hampshire.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Not ‘sad’, bar grips (and pedals) are the primary control-contact points on any MTB. )

Whataboot these Chromag ones? They have the bulge.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/chromag-squarewave-grips/rp-prod146456

SaxonRider

molgrips

edward2000
    Free Member

Haha, i meant Rogues when i typed Ruffians. They are nice and fat and chunky. 34mm diameter i think

binners

I’ve got hands like a orangutan, and am also a massive good’n’evil fan. For lock ons I go for Lizard Skins Northshore

Proper chunky monkeys

P-Jay
    Free Member

Deathgrips for me, they’re a lot cleverer than just some rebranded DMRs with a famous name added to them, they’re very good.

Stupid.is
    Free Member

ESI Chunkys for me. Cheap(ish) and comfy.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Ergon GA2’s all round pour moi

fathomer

P-Jay – Member
    Deathgrips for me, they’re a lot cleverer than just some rebranded DMRs with a famous name added to them, they’re very good.

I’m with P-Jay on this one. I like a thick grip, ODI Rouges, RF Strafe and Oury’s are all good but the thick Deathgrips are better than them all in my opinion. Oh, and pretty cheap in comparison.

dropoff

Thanks all. I’m liking the look of the Lizard skins so I’ll give those a try 🙂

mindmap3
    Free Member

I’m running Sensus Lite grips and really like them so far.

Before that I was using Easton grips where were good too.

longmover
    Free Member

Death grips are by far the best I have used, and wearing surprisingly well.

jamesfts
    Free Member

Rental Traction Grip in ‘ultra tacky’ are the way to go – haven’t used gloves once since finding these beauties!

jamesmio
    Free Member

ODI Vans are ace, got/had them on all my bikes.

Apart from the new one (Fatty) which came with a pair of DMR Deathgrips fitted which, too, are ace. Few quid cheaper than the Vans ones too and equally as nice.

a11y

Fat lock-on grips? Specialized Sip XL. Single lock-on too.

bacondoublechee
    Free Member

Spent years on various ESI grips but now on Ergon GE1 and have much less (zero) finger pain on long descents now.

davosaurusrex

I have the Chromag Squarewave XLs and they are the shizz

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/chromag-squarewave-xl-grips/rp-prod146457

dubber
    Free Member

Just brought the ODI elite pro … happy with them so far .

honourablegeorge

Deathgrips all day

gonetothehills
    Free Member

I ran the Uberbike chunky lockons for a while – low cost, lots of options and not bad at all. Recently I’ve been on the ODI Rogue which I have to say I prefer – it’s a smaller diameter than the Uberbike and feels better for it. Twice the price though! Got a nearly new set of the Uberbike ones if anyone wants to try them for a few quid.

duir
    Free Member

Death grips are great until your first crash then the ends get holes in them. Pity, near perfect design and feel great. Ergon GD-1 are fantastic quality and very durable as they have end caps to avoid holes. I think they feel great but grips are personal so might not suit some.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Lizard skin northshore.

Boss grips.

I wouldn’t call them

Proper chunky monkeys

cos that would be offensive, apparently. But they are chunky.

slowbloke
    Free Member

Fabric XL are chunky as well as being long. They are damn hard though and incredibly uncomfortable without gloves.

Shackleton

Chromag Squarewave is the only real option if you have proper big paws. Bulge does restrict hand position though, they effectively narrowed my bars by 20mm due to altered hand position.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Very sad but.. what grips’ is closed to new replies.