Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Very OT: IChemE form of contract – weather
  • sing1etrack

Possibly a long shot but the range of knowledge across this forum never ceases to amaze me, so worth an ask:

Anyone up to speed with the IChemE’s red book form of contract or have a copy to hand? I’m trying to get an idea of what it says about weather and what entitlement the contractor might have to an extension of time and/or reimburesment for his costs. Presumably it’s worded along the lines of ‘exceptional’ weather but it’s not a form I’m familiar with and googling hasn’t shed any light.

(I’m trying to get an idea of what a fellow contractor’s entitlement may or may not be)

Thanks!

honeybadgerx

I’m incredibly rusty on this one, but is it similar to NEC Compensation Events and the need to give and early warning notice of likely delays and costs?

sing1etrack

There’s probably some similarity – the mechanisms/entitlements tend to be similar across the major forms, though the JCT we’re employed under differs a bit to NEC. I’ve no idea on IChemE at all though!

sugdenr
    Free Member

*pops to library* I have now

Its as you would expect for LS job – one of the FM heads is ‘exceptionally severe weather’. Having said that the FM is including but not limited to, ergo is not exclusive and depending on your relationship/client’s contract manager etc you might be able to run a weather claim if you were prevented/delayed by something unusual that you didn’t include in the price.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Very OT: IChemE form of contract – weather’ is closed to new replies.