Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • very nearly just crushed my arm…
  • alpin
    Free Member

sat on the forklift, exited the workshop and wanted to close the roll-down door. leant across to reach for the button and something slipped (probably my foot) and the forklift shot forward with my arm jammed between the forklift and the door frame…

nice big instant swelling, which after lots of ice has died right down.

something i’ve done hundreds of times before but this time it didn’t go according to plan….

bit of an eye-opener…

DezB
    Free Member

trail_rat
    Free Member

hope you stuck it in the accident book… and updated your risk assessment 😉

seosamh77
    Free Member

I crunched my finger inbetween a couple of flexographic print rollers years ago, wasn’t nice. Just aswell it was the rubber UV varnish ones, or I’d be luck to still have a hand, never mind just a burst open finger. I chucked working with heavy machinery not long after, thankfully! 😆

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

You shouldn’t have to lean outside of the cab at any time. You probably know why now and you had a lucky escape. We installed automatic ‘speedy doors’ at work to reduce the risk. It also cuts down on heat loss from the factory.

neilforrow

alpin earlier:

cranberry
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Tqd4aPs5WTA[/video]

cloudnine
    Free Member

Remember pushing wet logs and branches into a massive wood chipper and my foot slipped onto the rollers and ripped my boot off… About as close as you can get to getting dragged through and mulched.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘very nearly just crushed my arm…’ is closed to new replies.