Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • VERY dodgy ebay listings…
  • velocipede
    Free Member

I found this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/280836538600?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_1058wt_1274

and thoughts I might bid on it, until I found this….

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160744785049?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_796wt_1274

…which is the very same bike for £300 less! One of these ads is a porky, but which one? or is it both??

cynic-al
    Free Member

Avoid both and let ebay know

MSP

Second one is collect only.

velocipede
    Free Member

just reported….shame as the cheaper listing is very tempting indeed!

jeffcapeshop
    Free Member

weird, both have reasonable feedback.. i reckon one sold to the other outside ebay but didn’t cancel the (long) listing, something like that.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Very strange. The second one appears to have had the front tyre put on the other way round and a fox sticker added to the seat mast among other bits. If the front rim was silver and the saddle black it wouldn’t seem particularly dodgy but that is clearly the same bike.

timmys

The second one contains the phrase “here we have”, ergo that’s the dodgy one.*

*this may or may not be bullshit.

velocipede
    Free Member

As well as reporting both listings, I’ve written to the seller of the second (cheaper) listing…will be interested in what he has to say!

AlexSimon

So the first guy is selling a bike he thinks in his shed.
    The other guy knows otherwise 🙂

TBH, it’s probably all perfectly legit, but worth checking as if you buy something stolen, you are pretty much stuffed.

velocipede
    Free Member

Here’s what the second, cheaper seller has to say:

“Hi,
    Thanks for that. I sold the bike on Thursday night and then went away for the weekend, so didnt take my listing off. Im not sure what he thinks he done to it except wash it.
    Many thanks. “

So the new owner is selling for £300 more after picking it up at the w/e – how many times have we seen that happen!!

AlexSimon

Chancer

nsaints
    Free Member

Something similar here – sold to one person who lists for a big profit
    Clicky

no law against it – happened to me on here a few years back
    leaves a very nasty taste in the mouth

xcentric
    Free Member

can’t really see the issue with this, tbh. Sure, it’s nice to sell to another enthusiast, but if you want to sell and are happy to accept an offer, then it’s not really up to you what the person does with what they’ve bought. If they have the patience to sell it on, and ask and get more, that’s simple business, surely?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘VERY dodgy ebay listings…’ is closed to new replies.