Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Very bad experience with bike shop in North Ayrshire
  • Kit
    Free Member

People have had very good experiences with Argos on here, and I believe for a similar price to what that shop quoted you.

Never used them myself, I think this is the right place:

http://www.argoscycles.com/paintshop.htm

Looks like they will do all prep work, masking etc so you could probably send the frame ‘as is’. Dunno if they do the colour you want, but work contacting them about it. Good luck, and stick some more photos up when you get it done 🙂

Midnighthour
    Free Member

Worth checking with your local Trading Standards dept? Might be possible to get some financial compensation for damaging your goods. It would also teach them not to be so cavalier with customers. I think the government also do some kind of phone advice and/or a consumer web page as a friend got some very good advice when messed about with by a garage. All the help was free.

davidrussell
    Free Member

has a look of the 90’s Klein frames to it -this sort of thing

i agree the finish is pretty bad and it looks nothing like focus ST orange!

Trimix
    Free Member

I went to Argos to talk to them about a custom job.

What impressed me was the fact that they actualy make bike frames (road ones) so they know how to take them apart and put them back together again. They mask the threads etc properly and I saw a chap putting a headset back properly, not twatting it in with a hammer.

They did a custom flake job for me – perfect, spotless, faultless and delivered on time – phoned to say it was ready and put my stickers on properly then lacquered on top.

I think I paid about £200 ish – it was worth every penny.

They can get stickers made up for you if you send the artwork – but I got a local sign writer do it in ten mins for a tenner.

For a standard colour it would cost way less, but be just as good quality. The colours look quite different in different light which is why I went there to talk it over. Its a bit far for you to do that, but if your not going for fancy flake the colours on the web are close.

iggysport1
    Free Member

@Kit, Cheers pal,
    I did eventually find that website eariler, but i’m unsure if they do airbrushing and how much extra that would cost.
    I will email them and ask, but I don’t want to go back to the factory Intense stickers, I think they are a waste of £30. My thule prorides didn’t take to kindly to them! Plus, i’m having it resprayed so thought I would be a bit different and get graphics done.
    The guyI know who can airbrush competes in model aircraft comps and his work is very intricate and minute detail, so he’s more than capable of doing my “Intense” and “6.6” logo’s. Just a shame I didn’t know he did it 2 months ago!
    I am totally awestruck at how much of a pain in the t1t’s it is to get a frame resprayed! Unbelievable, especially considering how many high-end bikes get done.
    Lesson learned though. Hey ho.
    Hopefully nobody else has to go through it though. I have been so disappointed and angry its unreal!

iggysport1
    Free Member

Painted, the colour i want, just waiting on my mate getting back from newcastle next weekend to do the graphics, then its back to the painters to be laquered.

http://s248.photobucket.com/albums/gg181/BigRed1490/New%20Intense/

iggysport1
    Free Member
    duckman

Almost worth the wait,send pics to the gits who messed it up 1st time.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Very bad experience with bike shop in North Ayrshire’ is closed to new replies.