Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Vertical Store Bike Hooks ??
  • caledonia
    Free Member

Hey all,

In the final stages of fitting out the inside of the new shed, and have now come to Bike storage…

I want to store them on their back wheel. so I need to secure the front wheel to the wall.
    I tried to work with big hooks, but they seem to let the front wheel twist and the bike falls (back wheel will still be in contact with the floor).

Anyone using something they’d recommend ?

Cheers Muchly.
    – Cale

richcc
    Free Member

I got 3 hooks like this from Halfords

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Bike-Storage-Rack-Cycle-Hook-Wall-Mount-MTB-Hybrid-Road_W0QQitemZ160331876649QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_SportGoods_CyclAcces_RL?hash=item160331876649&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1688|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A0|293%3A1|294%3A50

As far as I know they still sell them for 9-10 quid but can’t find them on the Halfords website. Work very well.

steveh

I got a load of hooks from Wilkinsons for my bikes. It sounds to me like the hooks aren’t high enough though, if they are too low the bike will naturally want to fall till the front wheel sits in the base of the hook. Can you not just hang them slightly off the floor?

Failing that maybe the rear wheel stands that shops use placed slightly away from the wall so the bike leans on the wall might be an a better solution for what you are planning.

grumm
    Free Member

I got some of these – http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_209547_langId_-1_categoryId_165532

I find if you have them at the right height, and position the back wheel right under the hook, it seems to work fine and be quite easy – one bike with big wheels/tyres and my road bike with narrow wheels/tyres both ok.

Have you tried angling the hook pointing diagonally?

Wally

I have just removed 6 high quality decathlon vertical storage hooks. The are very strong and held up 40lb pashley princes’s no problems of the floor. I think they were about £7 each , interested in photos ?

caledonia
    Free Member

OK, in which case I am being very thick.
    Those hooks you’ve got Grumm are the exact same as i have (from another manuf.)

It looks like it’s the height thing that might be stopping me.
    I may have to construct a brace higher up the wall to fix them to and let gravity do the work.

caledonia
    Free Member

Wally – might come back to you on that. Will see if I can’t figure out the heights required first.
    Thanks.

Wally

Sorry was £5 google cv501 very strong

grumm
    Free Member

Mine are at a height where I have to lift the back wheel very slightly to get the front wheel behind the hook and then it sits down in it quite securely with the back wheel just on the floor.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Vertical Store Bike Hooks ??’ is closed to new replies.